+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Frer false positives.

I thought I'd start a thread to discuss these. I got a positive at 8dpo last cycle. The lines disappeared over two days, suggesting i had a chemical pregnancy. I've just got what looks like another faint positive. I'm only cd10 of a new cycle and haven't dtd since before o last cycle. So it has to be a false positive. But how unlucky am i to get a box of three and get one pos and two faint lines last cycle and another box with a neg from last cycle, and then faint positive from this cycle So confused and angry at these tests.
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yup there are some dodgey batches out there. I had 6 false positives out of 9 tests from 3 different packets. I am inclined to think you didnt have a chemical - but that the tests were just no accurate. I ended up writing a letter and they have sent me 3 packets of discover brand tests and a letter apologising.

Thanks
    Reviews

I will still use FRER in future but just know that those lines need to get noticeably darker each day or it was never a proper positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Frer false positives.

Should i email them? I don't have batch numbers or anything, I've gotten two positives out of nine different tests. I'm going to the dr tomorrow for bloods and hopefully a scan.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Frer false positives.

From one particular chemist near me i got 2 boxes of faulty tests, all of them come up with not even a control line... they're a good test.. picked up on my CP, but i've heard of alot of faulty batches

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Many of us have been emailing them about false pos's and indent lines. FRER have really gone to the sh*t lately. I'm not using them anymore. Not forking out 16 bucks to have stress and disappointment...

I would urge you to email them, as many of us do the better so this is fixed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In a pack of three I got two strong positives (a digi confirmed this as well as ic's), but I tested a couple of days ago using my last one and the test line came up really strong (as it should), but the control line was really faint. It was pink, not grey but yeah really weird.

Might be best to stick with other brands, FRER aren't exactly the cheapest

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    but I tested a couple of days ago using my last one and the test line came up really strong (as it should), but the control line was really faint. It was pink, not grey but yeah really weird.
    That is quite normal, it usually happens when there is a high concentration of hcg. The positive line uses up more of the dye before it gets to the control line.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bexta For This Useful Post:

Silvana  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexta View Post
    That is quite normal, it usually happens when there is a high concentration of hcg. The positive line uses up more of the dye before it gets to the control line.
    Really? I had no idea. This really fills me with confidence as I am a worry wart. Thanks so much.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Silvana For This Useful Post:

Bexta  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread to discuss these. I got a positive at 8dpo last cycle. The lines disappeared over two days, suggesting i had a chemical pregnancy. I've just got what looks like another faint positive. I'm only cd10 of a new cycle and haven't dtd since before o last cycle.
    EXACT same thing has been happening to me.