+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Staying at home is def not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    And some people think its important and beneficial at every age. Each to their own. What works for one parent / child wont always work for the next

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Exactly this. My DD is 2 and I think me being home with her is very beneficial. Both of us would be miserable if she was in care all the time & I was working. This is what works for us

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Staying at home is def not for me

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    oh jeebus... laundry. How could I forget. It's my nemesis. I think there's actually more now as we have home clothes + work clothes to wash. I will never, ever, ever reach the bottom of the hamper
    dont even try. Im sure its a bottomless black hole haha!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Benji  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you for sharing, I'll be on maternity leave at the end of the year and I already know I'm not sahm material, no domestic goddess here lol.
    DH even said to me "you couldn't not work for a year" ( meaning he knows I'll go crazy lol)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Oh, of course, it's always there! Just less of it in my experience. I try to constantly tidy as I go, so if we're out of the house the place needs very little upkeep to look nice. Also meal preparation, eating and clean up seems to be so time consuming, I think that's the thing that gets me most if we're home all day. As a SAHM I feel like I spend so much time in the kitchen preparing or tidying up after meals.
    I just think you need a good routine.
    I will do a load of washing in the morning then it's done and hung by the time we are ready to walk out the door.
    I will get pj's ready in the morning in preparation for that night.
    I pack ds2's daycare bag as soon as we get home ready for the next morning.
    I get all clothes layed out ready for the morning.
    When the kids are in bed I do a quick tidy up of putting things away, sweeping/mopping floors etc and I make ds1's lunch ready for school the next day.
    I also usually spend Friday afternoons making meals such as lasagne, spagetti, sausages and vegies and freezing portions for the week.
    I also get up before the kids do so I've had a shower and all dressed before they wake.

Daycare has been so great for both my boys. They are such social, happy, well adjusted kids. I definately think mixing with other kids at a young age has done wonders for them too.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am exactly the same! I love my DS more than words can describe but mentally (& financially) going back to work is my best option at the moment. And like what has already been said I'm keeping my options open as to whether it suits us as a family! That said I can definitely see the argument for both sides & it has been a tough choice to make!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I am the same, I couldn't be a SAHM for anything. Apart from the fact that I am useless at housework, I can usually only manage about an hour a day of enthusiasm for dolls/games/art & craft. After that it all goes downhill and DD and I end up bickering like two siblings

I am the same re crafts etc except in my case there is only so much star wars/Ben 10/superman etc that I can play.

I HATE crafting/painting etc and the mess it creates arghh lol

I am in awe of parents who can stay at home fulltime and be good at it. The truth is that I would suck at being a SAHM and my son would suffer for it.

I work 3 days per week which is a perfect balance for our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    One plus that I can think of when I go back to work full time is that if we're all out of the house all day then there won't be as much housework to do....we won't be there messing it up! I find that the more we're home, the more there is to do at home.
    It also saves on electricity bills

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wktz View Post
    It also saves on electricity bills
    Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTruth View Post
    I am the same re crafts etc except in my case there is only so much star wars/Ben 10/superman etc that I can play.

I HATE crafting/painting etc and the mess it creates arghh lol

I am in awe of parents who can stay at home fulltime and be good at it. The truth is that I would suck at being a SAHM and my son would suffer for it.

I work 3 days per week which is a perfect balance for our family.
    This is me too. My son and daughter I'm sure are happier kids for having a mix of daycare and home because truly I am not SAHM material. I love them with all my heart but I am not creative, I'm not imaginative - I seriously lack that side of my brain. I work 9.30 till 3pm so I still get loads of time with them but for us it's a happier home when we are not all home full time.

I too take my hat of to those that do it fulltime, you have a level of patience that I can only dream of having.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD is 23 months old and today when i told her she was giong to daycare she said "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Daycare! Abi!!! (Abi is her carer - she wasnt impressed that she wasnt there today though!)

My kids only go 2 days a week, when I am at work. Its great for us, I just seem to need that mental stimulation that i cant seem to get at home. My job involved a lot of thinking and problem solving. Plus i dont have a lot of friends with kids and moving around meant i never ended up with a mothers group.

And I just want to remind people that this is in the "working hubbers" section

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (09-01-2013),PippaG  (08-01-2013)