+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    He likes mummy the best though and if I'm around I get preferred treatment over other kids
    Enjoy that while it lasts BEP - on Sunday DD said "I'm so glad you're going back to work tomorrow Mum!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    DS likes playing with older kids but also likes to help feed the babies...

He plays more alongside rather than with kids though as he's only 2.

He likes mummy the best though and if I'm around I get preferred treatment over other kids
    My ds is nearing 5yrs old. He is fine with all ages. He likes to look after smaller kids and he also loves being around his friends older brother who's 7. He tries to act all grown up and copies things he says. He's fine with kids his own age as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Does your child prefer older kids?

dd loves babies and older children. She plays happily with a variety of ages

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My lone child likes smaller children. She likes to somewhat mother them. She's 7.5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Not my own child, but my niece who is 9, can't deal with kids aged 4-8. She's fine with kids her own age and older and is absolutely wonderful with babies but that age group just doesn't gel with her. She's very bossy though so kids around the 4-8 age group don't take to be being told what to do by her very well.
    This is DS. There either older, or much younger. He's 7, not interested in babies (boring! ), will tolerate 2-3.5. but from 3.5 through to his own age and maybe 6-12months older, nope. Will not have a bar of them. Above that though and they're the bees knees. So frustrating as he has 1 cousin who is 6 and another who is 9months older than he and he doesn't play nice with either of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mikayla's only 18 months, but loves playing with older kids. She also is very good with little babies, but isn't great with kids her own age or size. Bigger or smaller is good, but same as her and I think they become competition or something.

My 3 year old plays great with everyone, but I think he prefers playing with big kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does your child prefer older kids?

Yes! My 2.5 year old DD prefers them to kids her age or thereabouts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Not sure if it's quite the same but I've noticed with DD1 (who is 7) that her friends who don't have younger sublings are generally completely disinterested in letting my nearly 4 year old join in on their games when she has them over. But those friends with younger siblings are much kinder to DD2.

TBH I think kids around 7 or above can find 2 - 4 year olds draining (I know I do!) so I find DD1 definitely prefers the company of older children, whereas DD2 finds them too complicated for her and likes kids her own age.