+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you know if your lo is eating too much?

DD is 14 months and has a huge diet (seems huge to me).
    Shes not "overweight" (probably the wring word to use, but you get what im saying?!)
    at 12months she was on the 97th percentile for height and 75th for weight... Is actually looks quite petite (I think because she so tall!)

For example todays breakfast was 2 1/2 weet-bix, a slice of toast, banana smoothie, some yoghurt drops, and a home made Muesli bar.
    She finished everything off. Is that not huge?
    I was full after the banana smoothie lol

Is she over eating? Or am I over feeding?
    I'm sure she would just eat and eat if I let her

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't think kids that age are capable of over eating tbh, they still just eat until they're full.

With my kids, I always worked on the basic rule that their bodies knew what they needed - it was nothing for my DS1 to eat 6 tubs of yoghurt for breakfast at that age. At 2 and 3 yrs he would eat 4 wet box for breakfast and then ask for more - both my kids are perfect weights :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is a big breaky, but I agree with hugsbunny, I don't think at that age they can overeat, they stop when they're full. It looks like she's eating healthily, so I wouldn't worry about how much she eats. You might find she's going through a spurt too. DS goes through phases where he does nothing but eat all day, then phases when he eats like a sparrow.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies

Just worried I was over feeding her lol

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD would easily eat 3 weetbix at that age. I would only worry if it were affecting the amount she ate at lunch and dinner, and therefore wasn't getting a varied diet.

If she's hungry, she's hungry! I'm at my hungriest at breakfast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Apparently Between the ages of 1 and 2 there is a big growth spurt and they do eat a lot! My DS was the same but now at 2 he does not seem as hungry as he used to be but in saying that for brekky this morning he had 2 egg scrambled egg on toast , a whole apple and a banana muffin!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hollychops View Post
    My DD would easily eat 3 weetbix at that age. I would only worry if it were affecting the amount she ate at lunch and dinner, and therefore wasn't getting a varied diet.

If she's hungry, she's hungry! I'm at my hungriest at breakfast
    Not affecting her feeds through out the day... Generally has large feeds through out the whole day hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As long as she's eating healthy good quality foods I wouldn't worry about how much she's eating. That is a lot of food though. My 3 year old wouldn't eat 1/8 of that for breakfast, he's lucky to eat one piece of toast and he's done.