+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First Fight with Hubby since he has been doing FIFO

I think you'll find most sites are fairly family friendly when it comes to things like that. I think they'd rather have someone off than stressed and worried about what's going on at home and being a potential safety risk to themselves and others.
    If it was me, I'd probably get him to come home the week before bub is due. I think you'll also find your labour will progress better if hubby is already there with you instead of you worrying about him driving and whether he's going to make it in time etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

My DH is also 4 and 1 and he came home a week before my due date and then planned on being home for 3 weeks after. The plan for us was that if I went past my due date then he would extend his leave to make sure he had 3 weeks at home with me and the baby. Is your DH able to extend his leave if needed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I feel your pain, it's tough having them away while you are pregnant. Maybe if your ob/midwife knows the situation they can help you work out a good window to get hubby home in time. Although, babies still have a mind of their own. 7 hrs drive isn't too bad, maybe you will be lucky and have some signs a few days before you go into labour and you can get him home. I'd try to get him home a bit before If you can.

Mine is on 4 week on/2 week off but complicated by the fact that he's 3 plane flights away and I'm a high risk pregnancy. Am currently on bed rest at 23 weeks for high blood pressure and dr thinks I might only make 28 weeks, so were trying to work out when to call him home. Very hard to know what to do in these situations.

At least if his boss knows, he can leave when he needs to and hopefully make it in time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your advice, I really appreciate it. We are thinking of getting him a bit like a few days before my due date (unless something happens before then). The issue is he doesnt get paid for the time off (long story), and we want him to be home after bubs is born too. Saving like mad and hoping we can get him before bubs arrives!
    Its all so stressful though!!