+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Front load washer

Quote Originally Posted by shhhsleeping View Post
    Mine locks as soon as I press start, but if I stop it and wait it opens again. Mine is 5 years old so not sure how old you are talking about.
    I have tried EVERYTHING but the only way mine unlocked was let it finish washing. It would be about 5-6 years old. Ended up getting too loader and will never go back

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I have tried EVERYTHING but the only way mine unlocked was let it finish washing. It would be about 5-6 years old. Ended up getting too loader and will never go back
    That was the same as mine
    Stopping and starting it wouldn't work, pausing.. Waiting for ages.. It would just lock!
    Even to the point once a load was finished you would have to wait for the "Click" noise.. It was about a 5 minute wait, not the end of the world but annoyed the crap out of me sometimes.
    Ours was only 4 years old when I threw in the towel.
    We had a repair man come out when we had issues with leaking, he said some have Safety lock features so they won't unlock until the end of the full cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    That was the same as mine
    Stopping and starting it wouldn't work, pausing.. Waiting for ages.. It would just lock!

We had a repair man come out when we had issues with leaking, he said some have Safety lock features so they won't unlock until the end of the full cycle.
    We have a LG front loader and it's the same. A little key icon lights up. Once that's lit up too late. Frustrating if you forget ONE sock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Omg yes!! That wait at the end was so dn annoying!

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Front load washer

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    I never knew this, how does the water not pour out?
    I'm quite interested now
    Mine allows you to add items anywhere in the cycle ... if the water is too high it drains it down to below the opening before unlocking the door.

ETA: I have a 10kg Samsung front loader ... best wash I have ever got from any machine - top or front loader.

-------
    Sent from my mobile device so please 'cuse the typing missed cakes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I was told when buying my front loader that it will fit more than a top loader of the same weight limit. I was told that it can be completely packed full so long as you can still squeeze your had in and on top of the clothes/washing.
    I think the biggest downside to stuffing a lot in, is it just doesn't clean as well.

I think top loaders are your best bet. They are made to be just as water and energy efficient as front loaders these days and seem to do a far better job in far less time.
    So not true front loaders are much more energy and water efficient they pound the clothes not agitate so much better at cleaning and use only a fraction of detergent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We just bought a new 10kg f&p top loader , the newer ones are better on water and energy than the old ones but not as good as the new top loaders ( we had a front loader and I hated it - i think my new top loader washes a lot better!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    I'll never own another front loader, ours was horrible
    Caz, I also HATE my front loader! We've had it 6 years and I'm willing it to die, LOL... The seal on the door just broke so I think it is only a matter of time. I too will never buy another front loader!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    So not true front loaders are much more energy and water efficient they pound the clothes not agitate so much better at cleaning and use only a fraction of detergent.
    Go and compare a bunch of energy and water ratings then. I know when i bought my front loader, i compared it to my old top loader and they were pretty similar on both. My front loader doesn't do cold washes either so this was comparing a warm wash! The cold wash you can do on a top loader is going to get you a heaps better energy score then using warm on a front loader.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I did. Today! LOL. Energy rating is generally much lower and that is comparing a front loader HOT wash to a top loader COLD wash.