I'm 36 weeks pregnany with #2, due 3rd Feb
#1 was born naturally at 41 weeks weighing 4kg.
#2 has been measuring ahead on growth scans (fundal height is normal) for the past 6 weeks. Last weeks scan showed over 100th percentile for head, abdo and bp measurements and say I'm measuring 40 weeks already with estimated 3.7kg baby, normal amount of fluid and everything looking good.
I'm going through a public hospital.
Midwife said 'if this baby isnt out by 17th Jan, then I suggest you get a 'sweep' as if it continues with this growth it'll be 4.5kg by full term and may have trouble getting out.
I dont have GD, and really want to avoid having a ceasar.
So my worry is, do I wait and see when I go naturally...surely my body wouldn't produce a baby at a size I couldn't birth? OR do I have a sweep followed by an induction at 38 weeks if it doesn't work to avoid a ceasar?
Selfishly i'm 'over' being pregnant in this heat so wouldn't mind it coming out, but I know either way waiting a few extra weeks wont hurt me.
I have another midwife appt and scan on Friday and I'm guessing they'll be asking what I've decided to do....and I don't know.
Any advice or suggestion from those that have been there would be great.