Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Share House/Student House

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I shared a house with my now ex and my BEST friend for 6 months from late pg to when bub was 3 months old. It was AWFUL. I would never do it again!
    Had you shared with them before preg though? Sharing with friends can make or break friendships, we found that one out last year lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I tried it.

I'll keep it brief, but apart from the fact I could actually afford rent and whatnot, my issues were:

*Other people telling you how to raise your kid (even though they're not parents)
    *Other people trying to raise your child even though you're right there
    *Other people complaining about things your kid does
    *Them doing things around your child that you're not really comfortable with
    *Them bringing friends over... that you don't know... and you not knowing if they're safe people to have around your kids
    *Them deciding to be young and carefree. It's a bit annoying when your child has a bedtime, you don't want drunk fools around your kid, etc. Even making house rules prior to moving in didn't really mean anything once we actually moved in. These were long-term friends prior to moving in together.
    *Them doing "bad" things to your kid (not like, criminal or dangerous bad, just bad habits bad) for their own amusement... because it's fun.

That's how I found it anyway. I couldn't handle it. Maybe it would be okay to do with another single mother who is pretty laid-back in her opinion about parenting... but I mean, I don't think it's very easy otherwise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Had you shared with them before preg though? Sharing with friends can make or break friendships, we found that one out last year lol.
    Nup, it was our first move out of home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Share House/Student House

Cmf i think it's a huge difference when you're not serial house sharers, and especially when you haven't shared with those people before

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    Cmf i think it's a huge difference when you're not serial house sharers, and especially when you haven't shared with those people before

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect
    Yeah probably. But it's enough to have put me off ever sharing a house again!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha yeah before I found out I was preg I was so keen to leave this place and not share anymore, but the problem people are moving out of this house and I don't particularly want to leave anyway so I think things have worked out pretty well in my case.