Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Share House/Student House

A little update if anyone's interested:

Housemates and I have agreed on a 'part time' living arrangement. Ill still rent out my room but only be there three days in the week and spend the rest up at my dads. It'll be easier for us all to live together happier, would still give me my 'social life' and if I cope well with uni then it'll be much easier for me to study and ill also have my peace and space in my 'unit' at dads.

Thank you to everyone who helped out

2. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Sounds like a good balance!. But will that mean you will have to have 2 of everything for bub? (cot etc)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-01-2013),Mom2TwoDSs  (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Only two cots, everything else will be fine My bestie's son has just gone into a toddler bed so she's given me that cot for up here and have my eye on a new one for my house in Newcastle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Great idea!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Terrific! Lots of flexibility for everyone with that plan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Share House/Student House

Wonderful. Them later down the track it's easier for you to go full time somewhere or keep as is

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Remember that you've still got census date (usually week 4) to withdraw with no financial or academic penalty and then usually about week 9/10ish you can withdraw with no academic penalty but still have the cost of that unit added to HECS. So you'd be able to start the semester and withdraw after a few weeks if you weren't coping or even if you were coping and halfway through the semester and bub suddenly changed the game plan you could withdraw then without worrying about it affecting your GPA/transcript etc.
    Also, quite often the assessments are very similar, set readings are the same, etc so if you start the subject you'll get the unit guide so you can get a head start if you choose to defer.

In terms of your living arrangement, I'd suggest that you have one room as yours and bubs bedroom so to speak- if it is possible to squeeze a cot in there it'll make things easier to have bub in your room. The other room could be playroom/ living room/ study room for just you and bub so that you feel like you have your own space, and you don't have to worry about bub spreading her babiness all over the house

ETA- should've read all the way through- got caught up on the page before. Good job on finding a suitable solution/ arrangement
    Last edited by FindMyLunch; 09-01-2013 at 17:57.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks girls

FindMyLunch (lol nice name ) - I planned on having bub in my room with the original situation anyway. The rooms aren't big but they're not small either. With this part time solution ill be able to spread out between my house and dads so I will have even more room woo! Hehe. I'm happy the housemates we very open minded

14. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

FindMyLunch  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    You really seem to have made your mind up and already *know* everything then.

Who will look after the baby when you're in lectures or tutes? The absolute minimum for daycare centres is 6 weeks. Have you already booked into one? Some areas have a really long wait.

As someone who has also been a uni student who slept little I have to say sleep deprivation from a baby is very different to sleep deprivation from clubbing...babies are physically and emotionally draining. Honestly, don't commit yourself to too much yet...
    Well I took a newborn to lectures with me, and continued to do so until she was 8 months old - at which time she became difficult to keep settled so it wasn't viable any more and other arrangements had to be made.

It really depends on the child. A different baby might be disruptive from the start and thus not suitable to bring to lectures with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shared a house with my now ex and my BEST friend for 6 months from late pg to when bub was 3 months old. It was AWFUL. I would never do it again!