+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had a brief look through recent post's, and I have to say, I am just bloody over judgmental people!!!!

Oh how it s#@ts me they go on believing and saying its the parents fault. I'd agree if the child was a neuro typical spoilt brat, but autism is an invisible disability (as someone I knew once referred to it as..) do they seriously think w want our kids to be autistic? Do they really think we must be hypochondriacs that want to put a label on an otherwise normal child. Give me a break, spend a day in our shoes.....

Good on all of you that get on here though and have a whinge about it. I do to. God knows we need each others back with these ones. Its not all bad, but sometimes it feels like its us and them.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really thought we were getting some where with poos going in the potty but apparently not. J has issues with constipation which makes things worse and I think it makes it harder for him to judge when he is actually going to do a poo.
    What am I going to do if he's not trained by the time he's meant to go to K? Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im seriously thinking of putting Finn into school aged 6. He is toilet trained but has the odd accident. I think what I found was taking the pressure off and just letting him wee and poo himself for a bit ( not nice I know) I also in the end got a massive present bag and filled it full if good presents. The first one he got was a big transformer so after that he was desperate to sit in the toilet ! But I have to say his comprehension of what I was asking of him had only just begun to happen at 4 at 3 there was no way or even 3 an 3/4 's!!! If that's not there it's difficult!

good luck , I don't think anyone can advise you really as you know your son better but for us ability to make mistakes, a massive present and time was what worked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and choice, big boy toilet a gift , potty no present but praise. No nappies at all in the day time . Big boy pants and nappy at night only . But again he would not of understood earlier .

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I found out today (Monday) that on Friday my DS threw a chair at a little girl in day care. They didn't tell my husband when he went to pick them up and I only found out today because I made a point of asking how J is going. I mean wtf? This is the sort of stuff I really need to know, right? And I don't know where this behaviour is coming from. He does throw stuff at home but he's pretty worked up by the time we get to that point.
    I don't know what to do. He's meant to be at school next year.
    Did any one else have a problems like this? How did you deal with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cannot understand why they didn't tell you when you Picked him up. Wow , I would be mad because telling you later means its too late to address it with your Child! Finn used to go to a daycare one day a week which looking back , he hated.
    Anyway, he pretty much bit a child each week and each week I had to fill out an incident form.

Well I'm a bit sad today, my husband brought home a 6 month old beagle for our wedding anniversary and for a pal for our kids . He was on a weeks trial. This is the most awesome dog and smart dog and my son likes him alot but as its a beagle he is super high energy . Yesterday he had 2 hr walk and a run with husband in the morning , he still came back and bounded around knocking my two year old to the ground and he is really obideient but continually is pushing the pecking order. He is so strong willed . He is a wonderful dog and responded well to the training I have given him but he is just too big and bouncy even after really really long runs.so the trial is ongoing but hubby thinks he is not the breed for us. I'm sad because Finn normally wants TV and gets upset about it. We have not watched TV since the dog arrived. He normally has sensory issues about getting wet bu this morning he went straight outside on the dew with bare feet, he never goes to pick veggies with me but this morning came to pick zucchinis , he got wet arms which normally makes him stress out and change clothes but I said its ok , max has wet feet and Finn was like .... Whatever. I'm really sad about it , we have to really be smart about his size, his strength and his stubbornness though and take him back as he is scary to my two year old. I've seen a huge benefit for Finn in having a dog but have to rethink the breed as my youngest is only 6 months. I'm thinking of a pug? I'm so glad the owner let us trial this dog first as as good as he would be for Finn my other son is afraid of the puppy due to its size. Do any of you have dogs.?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying Babynomad. It's good to know that others have been in the same boat.

It's sad that you can't keep this particular dog but the good news is that another dog might fit your family really well. A pug could be a good breed as you said. Have you consider a King Charles Cavalier? They are lovely dogs and so soppy and affectionate. I'll be very jealous if you get one! I would love one myself. We had some Silky Terriers when I was younger and they were wonderful if you can stand the yapping. We also had a toy poodle - poodles love people and like to be a part of the 'pack'.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Owl79 For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    morning ladies.
    My eldest sin has Aspergers,
    Pos-nod, anxiety and anger issues he turns 14 in 4 mths.
    We only recently got a formal diagnosis. I was a single mum for a long time and have known what was wrong with him since he was 5 but pushed it aside because i wanted so much for him to be "normal".
    He is such a beautiful boy and loving. I just wish ppl would take the time to understand him better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the thread purpdirewich. How has your son managed throughout his school life? My son is only 4 and I am yet to encounter the whole school thing. Has his anger got worse going through his teenage years? Anyway , welcome and hope to chat to you more with you insight of an older child.

Owl79 thanks for suggesting a cav, my sister inlaw has one and He is the cutest dog ! I don't know what is wrong with me but I'm really sad about this stupid dog . I felt like I also had a real connection with him , like he was supposed to be ours. But my baby girl is only 5 months and yet to start crawling and he was such a big bouncy , scratchy clawed thing he would of needed daily training as e was a beagle , I cannot shift this horrible stomach churning feeling. Hubby wants to wait a couple more years. I didn't feel as bad as I do when our family springer died .... I have never had such an instant connection or seen Finn so calm and responsible. Never mind . Hope he gets amazing new owners.

So how's everyone's therapies going ? Any one got any new info to share? I have decided Finn need less TV and more exercise so this week going to start doing a 30 minute disco a day ! If he lets me play music.

Hope everyone is having a calm and easy week xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't been on here for ages. I've just read so many posts I want to address, but I'll just have to go on the ones I can remember atm.

Firstly, babynomad- I understand your dilemma. I don't think the beagle is for you. They can be high maintenance. My dad had two pets paradise pet shops for 15 years, I worked there a bit as a kid. You pick up a thing or two about dogs and kids. Although beagles are good natured in general, they are a lot of work. Labradors and retrievers are really good, though you really need some training early on ( most dogs benefit from this anyway) as they can be a little boisterous in the beginning. But they are a smart breed, and learn quick. But if size is an issue, my dad recommends staffy's. King Charles spaniels I have heard are good, but I know cocker spaniels are to be aware of ( some can be stroppy) and I don't know how different apart the breeds are, both being spaniels. Id tell Finn, the beagle is just visiting, maybe the beagle is "testing" or "making sure the house is comfy" for the next pooch on its way. Then hopefully he wont be too upset when/if he goes, and might even be grateful the beagle has come and gone. Super great to see how well he has responded to the dog though. Sounds promising.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mysweetboy For This Useful Post:

babynomad  (23-03-2013)