+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is everyone's week going? I hope your all ok , lovemyfam I hope your conversation with Jo went ok.

Does anyone else's child have behavioural reactions to some food? We went to a playground this week and somebody had left spilt sultanas and the box on the floor. I was watching my other son when I saw Finn scoffing down the sultanas. I ran over and said no Finn yucky but he laughed and ran off with a handful. Finn cannot have sultanas he becomes totally out of it an unreasonable like he is drunk. Sure enough we had around 3 days of bad behavior and tears.

Also he is all mixed up temperature wise. He wears zero clothes in winter and right now in our 30 degree days he will put 3 tops on and a Spider-Man balaclava , socks and trousers.....

Anyway ,talk soon xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    How is everyone's week going? I hope your all ok , lovemyfam I hope your conversation with Jo went ok.

Does anyone else's child have behavioural reactions to some food? We went to a playground this week and somebody had left spilt sultanas and the box on the floor. I was watching my other son when I saw Finn scoffing down the sultanas. I ran over and said no Finn yucky but he laughed and ran off with a handful. Finn cannot have sultanas he becomes totally out of it an unreasonable like he is drunk. Sure enough we had around 3 days of bad behavior and tears.

Also he is all mixed up temperature wise. He wears zero clothes in winter and right now in our 30 degree days he will put 3 tops on and a Spider-Man balaclava , socks and trousers.....

Anyway ,talk soon xxx

Oh yes My son will wear shorts in the winter and yesterday it was 39 or so and he had a sweatshirt on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it's not just Finn with the clothing issue! I took him to the zoo once on winter and it was a really cold day , definate coat weather an he would only wear a thin cotton on tshirt . Then it started to rain and he wouldn't wear the poncho .... Old women were giving me death stares!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry , I got confused with names ! Mysweetboy .... Hope conversation with Jo went ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's ok Sam, not too worry. Yes the conversation went well. We start next week Wow, must be the preservative in the sultanas that affects your boy. I have heard of this often, it is more obvious with children with a sensitive system, autistic kids def have a different system...

Its hard when people give you nasty stares like your a bad parent, they have no idea....

Well, have to go. Am trying this toilet training thing (which I don't expect to work, but hey, go to try) and DS has peed on his socks! Cute..

Hello everyone else. Hope all is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the toilet training mysweetboy. It can take awhile for some of our kids but don't give up. J finally got weeing in the toilet by 3.5 years and was dry at night shortly after that but BMs are still some thing we struggle with.

I was so proud of my son yesterday. He ran up to a group of kids he didn't know on the beach and said "My name's J and this is my sister G. She's my best friend!"

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's wonderful owl!!!!! What a fantastic moment xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Owl- thats beautiful. Things like that can make a parent of an ASD child beam with pride, things parents of NT kids take for granted. Thats one thing, parents of ASD kids don't take them for granted and we seem to seethe most remarkable things in them....

Babynomad- I have had a skype session with Jo and was quite pleased. I feel confident we are in good hands, and I am optimistic. I don't feel like its a rip off or con job, so we'll see how we go.

How is everyone going? How are all your kids?

Tell me what your ASD child has been up to this week...

Thanks
    Reviews
    You know every time we speak to Jo it puts our family back on track. She is fantastic I really like her a lot .
    This week we have had a lot of poo in pants with Finn going backwards in his toilet training .... I went and bought lots of little gifts and wrapped them and put them out of reach. He knows he will get one and has been sitting on the toilet for ages waiting for a poo..... Ha! It's so funny as he doesn't need to go . I said do you have a poo or not and he was quiet and then said" not". Which made us both laugh.

Pretty happy with how he is going this week. How about everyone else ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really pleased that we have found a great OT for J. He adores her and will do any thing for her. She brought out some hand writing practice last session and I thought 'here we go' because he hates it and just won't do it for me. But oh no! Tess asked him to do it so it must be done perfectly! Lol.
    I attended the orientation for the Hanen Talkability program on Friday. I hope it helps. I've changed J's speech therapist because after a year and a bit I'm calling rubbish on their techniques. It was interesting because the Hanen people were discussing speech therapy techniques that don't work with kids and low and behold they were exactly what the speechie had been doing with J. We haven't started with the new one yet so I guess we'll see how it goes.
    Other than that I've enrolled J in a play connect group which is starting next week. So, it's been busy around here.
    Hope every one is well.