+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Unique names!

Another here that prefers normal names spelt normally lol. My name is a normal name spelt abnormally and it's a pain in the butt (forever spelling it for people who get it wrong anyway, it's also a name with multiple spellings so I get a huge variety of wrong spellings haha).
    I picked a normal name for my DD and she's the only one of that name that I have ever met. These days a normal name is unique lol.
    Just go with what you like, don't worry about being unique because there is always the chance that your unique name will be popular in a few years (do think about spelling it right though, it will make it easier on your Bub).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of most of the names you've listed, although I think Malachi is okay for a boy.

I'm not a fan of Kalu. All of the associations it brings up aren't great ones (Kali - the Hindu goddess of destruction, Baloo - the bear off Jungle Book, or 'kazoo' - the musical trumpet).

I always say in these threads that you have to go with whatever name you love, but perhaps - if it matters to you that the choice of name isn't generally loved by others - then it might be worth looking at what other names you love that are similar/ along the same lines.

I'll also add that I'm never a big fan of names that are 'deliberately' unique. I like names that are uncommon and interesting, but I don't usually go for ones where it looks as if someone has gone for an alternative spelling / a really out there name 'just' to be different. So we may be coming at this from different angles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't mind Malachi or Taj for a boy

Skylar isn't bad for a girls name, but I much prefer the shortened version Skye.

I myself have a unique name, and very much wished sometimes that I had a more common one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I love Malachi, Malakai is a valid alternative.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Malakai! Yep, spelt the horrible wrong way and all
    Use what you love.
    Ours is spelt that way as it is an adaption of an aboriginal word which means water spirit. But of course people who judge just think I'm trying to be cool meh, who cares what they think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As you asked for opinions....I think if there is considered a "normal" way to spell a name you should go with that one. Sometimes names have so many options an alternate spelling is ok (such as Elise, kaylee, Caitlin etc).
    I like all your boys names. Your girls names, not so much. I think bluebell would be fine as a middle name paired with a more simple first.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    please please please don't use 'kalu'
    if your child ever travels through south east asia (ie Bali) the locals will be very amused.
    its crude slang for an intimate body part

8. The Following User Says Thank You to trishalishous For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't like any of the options you've suggested, but really, if you're going to go with any of them, please spell them as they are actually spelt.

Taj.
    Bluebell.
    Malachi.
    Etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unique names!

I love skyler it's really pretty and unique

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Skyler seems to be a bit popular in America. I think of it as a very American name now.

As for Bluebell....isnt that what Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) called her daughter?