+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation? Pregnant? Confused!!

Hi fellow Bub Hub Members, I was hoping someone could perhaps give me some information about what I experienced the other day. Bare with me it might be a long post....

I've been with my long term partner for 4 years and when I first met him I was on the birth control pill. After a few years I started to get abit slack at remembering to take them every morning so because we weren't ready for a baby at the time I went to my doctors and asked if I could try a different form of birth control. He recommended I try "Depo Provera" he never told me any cons about the injection and as I trusted my doctor I thought Fantastic "no Periods" I went straight down to the nurses bay and had my shot there and then. I thought it was great no periods and only had to remember every three months to go back to receive my next injection. After starting Depo me and my partner talked about how we were ready to start a family. We're having a house built looking into getting engaged and we feel its the right time. I ended up having 4 shots of "Depo Provera". My last injection was in Feb 2012, it would of covered me until beginning of may 2012 I didn't go back as we want to TTC. It's been 8 months since it would of been out of my system and I still haven't had my period return. (I do know this can be normal) I went to my doctors about 3 months ago to see if I can have my Hormone levels tested to which they told me "no" I would have to wait until its been a whole year. 2 months ago I started getting "pregnancy" symptoms I done a test and it came back negative as he symptoms carried on I went back and asked for blood test, it came back Negative. I ended up driving home in tears as I hoped I was pregnant. My doctor did reassure me that I CAN get pregnant WITHOUT having a PERIOD My partner works FIFO and has been home over Christmas period so I thought lets try and get in as much sex as possible. About 5 days ago I went to the toilet and when I wiped there was a Ball of clear stretchy stuff, I don't know how to describe it, it's like when you buy a magazine and a leaflet is stuck on the magazine with some Gluey blobby clear stuff. Does this mean I'm ovulating? I'm fertile? I'm pregnant? Im so confused on what this could be. I'm not wanting to get my hopes up to much to have them shattered again. Is there anyone who knows what this could mean.
    Thanks for listening to such a long post & I look forward to reading you answers x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am not very informed on this sort of thing but thought I'd bump your thread in the hope someone with more knowledge will see and reply! 😄

Thanks
    Reviews

1. Get a second opinion if your not happy with your doctor. I had a crap experience with the first GYN I went to see, second was fabulous
    2. Sounds like cervical mucus. If its of 'egg white' consistency it should mean your ovulating soon. Best to get some ovulation prediction kits (opk's, avail in the pregnancy test section or online).

Good luck :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Egg whites is how they describe fertile cervical mucus- from your description sounds like you're ovulating at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi megzy. You sound stressed and confused and that is perfectly reasonable given your concerns and uncertainty. You certainly can get pregnant without first having your period return.
    It sounds like it might have taken a while before your body returned to ovulating after the depo. But it is possible that if you ovulated for the first time around Xmas you may well be pregnant now and experiencing some symptoms. Or indeed could be having ovulation symptoms now.

If you were to ovulate on dec 25 for example..you would be 13 days past ovulation and therefore it would be reasonable to do a home pregnancy test and get some fairly clear results.

If you cant/don't want to test for fear of disappointment you could either
    a-see your doctor again to be sure the glob like thing you mentioned isn't anything else. ie infections.
    Or b-continue to wait and see if your period returns.
    Or c- if it is under ovulation signs an you are TTC. Get busy. This is your window. : )

Wishing you all the best. xx
    Last edited by MadeWithLove; 07-01-2013 at 19:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the replies I have a feeling I may possibly of been ovulating. I've been having almost like period pains on and off, for the last few days, and have also been feeling a little Nausea. i don't know weather this is because Im over thinking it or what. Before I got this Clear Stretchy ball or whatever it was I had been getting a lot of wetness in my knickers and since I had the blob of clear stuff I've been really dry down there. To much information I know. Just thought I'd add it to my post.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like ovulation to me mayb check your cervix too if its high hard to find soft open and wet you should go Dtd he he best of luck and as for dr I'd get second opinion if worried or see another one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I go dry the day after ovulation. Sounds like it has come and gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So there is a chance I could become pregnant???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes definately a chance you could become pregnant. That Mucous is the type you get when you ovulate. You should do a test!