+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default IPL- your experiences

I'm thinking of getting IPL (laser hair removal) on my down stairs! My friend see's a beauty therapist from home for all her tans, nails etc and IPL too! She's had her face done (chin hair) and the results are fantastic now she's getting her bikini etc done.

Just wondering if its worth the $$$$

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm a beauty therapist and I've also had IPL. It is definitely worth the money!! No hair forever. Most people spend the $40-$50 a month on waxing. That's $600 a year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Well DP agrees lol so not prob with that she charges $80 a session? Is that average or??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard laser is more effective than IPL (don't ask me what the difference is) and where I am therapists need to be qualified to operate the laser machine so technically, it should be safer for the customer too.

All in all though, both are definitely better than waxing or shaving. Go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I've had laser and IPL down there and I would rather stick pins in my eyeballs than go near either machine ever again. Ever. It does hurt like hell and it does feel like a Sado-masochist is burning you with a cigarette and that numbing stuff is 3 parts of useless. JMO but wax is better

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

$80 is a good price. It totally depends on the machine she uses as well. And I do think its important to be qualified to use it.
    Laser is not supposed to go past your dermis (which is the 2nd layer of your skin) and it targets only the hair follicle so it is meant to be safer and more effective. IPL laser treatment is a better one to have but more expensive. IPL is quite a broad intense light pulse and some people think its not as effective and that it sends unnecessary wavelengths further than just the skin.
    I went to a cosmetic clinic to have my IPL Laser and it was great. It still hurts, so don't go expecting it to be pain free lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally, I would opt for laser rather than IPL. I spent over $1000 on having IPL on my lip and chin, and it is just as persistent as before I started.
    I know it works for some and not others, but my experience is to save your money.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I've had laser and IPL down there and I would rather stick pins in my eyeballs than go near either machine ever again. Ever. It does hurt like hell and it does feel like a Sado-masochist is burning you with a cigarette and that numbing stuff is 3 parts of useless. JMO but wax is better
    Oh that is a shame you had such a bad experience!! Everyone's pain threshold is different though. Waxing doesn't bother me for Brazilian and whilst IPL laser was a bit of a zing, I definitely didn't hurt that much

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh sorry I just wanted to add, my chin is bad again after I had DD, my hormones threw everything out of whack so I decided to put up with it for a while and when I'm finished having bubbas ill get it again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had IPL for Brazilian and underarm. Interestingly it worked super well after 6 sessions for downstairs, whereas hardly saw a difference under my arms! So be aware that it can randomly not work - but worth it.