+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would you be annoyed?

We are brissy and the description originally given was a few drinks, nibbles, fun and games. As she has alot of friends ( over 40 to babyshower).
    I know I'm getting picky but the position of the word deposit was more like deposit into my account rather than deposit more to come iykwim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmm personally I do think weddings (and just about everything else) are becoming a bit ridiculous for guests in terms of paying your own way and paying for events. I have been told that, as a bridesmaid, that I am to organise and pay for the hen's night.

$60 to visit your friend's house is sheer stupidity.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (07-01-2013),shelle65  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Maybe if I had an idea they were planning an elaborate full on thing from the start it would have put it into context ( and I would have been able to excuse myself or ask to come to the beginning part).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wow, I would be annoyed at paying $130 if the event was at someone's house, regardless of how much alcohol is there!

I think it seems odd the full/approximate cost wasn't disclosed at the time of asking for the deposit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Would you be annoyed?

Yeah they really should have explained the night's plan before asking for the deposit.

$130 is about what I would expect to pay for a hens, and I don't drink any way, but it would have been nice to know what you were paying for first

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Yep i'd be annoyed too and for $130 i'd be expecting some sort of meal aswell as drinks i'm not a drinker either (even when not preggy) So there's no way i'd accept to pay that much money for a hen's. Very rude indeed. They should offer to give you the money back though or put it towards the hen's share of the night out.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I would have had to ask for more details before handing over the $30. I have been amazed by the expenses attached to any wedding these days. And I personally think Hens night, bucks nights, are getting to be more stress and more expense than they are worth. I would not pay another $30 just to have quick visit at her place because there was going to be some topless waiter there. Give the $30 as a donation, and arrange a coffee with the bride at some other time. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews

I did say to use the $30 towards the bride.
    I guess I'm out of touch, the hens I've been to before have all been buy your own drinks and just pay for dinner ( something like teppanyaki or a nice little place with variety and mains under $40) or a day at the races, again buy your own and small contribution to food
    DH and I had a combined BBQ for ours and we supplied all food and alcohol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It really depends what the night involves (some organise party buses or pervy boat rides with strippers or whatever) that have a set cost no matter what you partake in while there. That's fair enough.

At someone's house though - they should be able to go, "Sure... you pay a teeny bit to account for the nibbles you might eat... and we'll organise some non-alcoholic stuff for you... don't worry about the booze costs, because you obviously won't be drinking any..."

Though, perhaps with so many guests, it's easier to just say, "Yep, everyone chip in X amount." Still if it's 40 people at $130 a head... wtf? How much do they think tehy'll need to spend on this night?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For $130 bucks per person (assuming it is a big group coming by the sounds of it) given the total amount this topless waiter will cost, i'd be expecting to see Brad Pitt there. lol.