+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone with a Toyota Kluger or a Holden Captiva?

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My preference would be neither. I did loads of research on SUV and my preference would be a Subaru Tribeca because of the boot space!
    Great car but still small. I have the forester and its great for a family of one child or two children max in the city.

A friend has the Tribeca and expecting a 3rd and like the forester you can't fit 3 child restraints in the middle at all even though it does have 3 anchor points.

But it depends on how many children and passages the op is thinking of having.

Subaru's are really great cars though. I loved all the subaru's we have had.

Thanks
    Reviews

We have the Captiva LX7 and love it. Ours is diesel and we get average 700-800kms even in city driving. We don't use the 3rd row so find the boot space plenty big enough. FYI - it also has a reverse camera, so maybe you are looking at a different model OP?

Some family have the Kluger and they love it - but it is a much bigger car. If you don't have any kids at all yet, you may not need to spend that much extra for such a large family car. By the time you have a few kidlets, you may want to upgrade!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone with a Toyota Kluger or a Holden Captiva?

We bought a brand new kluger last week, cost us $39,950 including all on road costs and 12 month rego. It was base model but you still get 7 seats, reverse camera, bluetooth/ipod stereo. Couldn't want much more in it I think. We are so happy,great car and good price

My uncle has a captiva and hates it, also very narrow. When we were looking i did a search on bubhub forum and captiva didn't have many positive comments.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

We bought a brand new top of the range captiva and while I loved the car itself the petrol was a killer - under 350kms from a full tank. We only kept it for a year and bought something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1CrazyMoose View Post
    Great car but still small. I have the forester and its great for a family of one child or two children max in the city.

A friend has the Tribeca and expecting a 3rd and like the forester you can't fit 3 child restraints in the middle at all even though it does have 3 anchor points.

But it depends on how many children and passages the op is thinking of having.

Subaru's are really great cars though. I loved all the subaru's we have had.
    I have a Subaru outback and fit 3 child restraints in it, and the Tribeca is wider. The boot space is big, even with the last row being used.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone with a Toyota Kluger or a Holden Captiva?

Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    We have the Captiva LX7 and love it. Ours is diesel and we get average 700-800kms even in city driving. We don't use the 3rd row so find the boot space plenty big enough. FYI - it also has a reverse camera, so maybe you are looking at a different model OP?

Some family have the Kluger and they love it - but it is a much bigger car. If you don't have any kids at all yet, you may not need to spend that much extra for such a large family car. By the time you have a few kidlets, you may want to upgrade!
    The camera must have just not been on the model we looked at. We might need to look at which ones have the camera and what price they are.

We know the kluger is a bigger car but we won't be upgrading once we have kids. We are doing lots of research as this will be a long term car. We are hoping to have three kids and they will *hopefully* come close together as I have to stop having kids quite young. We would love four kids but doubt we will get them in in time. So probably looking at having three car seats in there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and aunty both have captivas and rave about them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Whoops! Didn't realise the newer Klugers had split rear seat now. That's great though, we have a new Prado and the Kluger measurements are the same width as Prado but they are much more car like. I want one!
    With the split rear seat I think Kluger is a better buy and one that you would keep for a longer time as reliability of the Toyota is high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a captiva sx7 and love it. It fits 3 car seats in the middle row. We have not had any problems with it. 15k is a lot more money to spend but if you really prefer the Kluger go with it you don't want to be regretting it later.You'll also need to consider costs that come later such as rego, tyres, petrol etc. the bigger the car the more these items cost