+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone with a Toyota Kluger or a Holden Captiva?

We have a brand new Toyota Kruger XR. Got it in December.

We looked at so many cars if you want my input on other family cars happy to help.

I have heard the captiva referred to as craptiva also

Anyway I LOVE my kluger. The 3rd row seats do split and have loads of room. Middle row fits 2 large booster seats and a baby capsule safely without touching the doors when closing. It has blue tooth, reverse camera, sitcom throughout the whole car and can be managed by back passengers, loads of leg space, drink holders (14 to be exact).

Love that in the 2nd row the middle seat comes out and can attach a table (with storage and 2 drink holders). Plus the seats are bucket seats with arm rests etc.

We bought I think the standard or next one up for $42000 with so much. We didn't need AWD as 95% of the time it drives in FWD (front wheel drive) anyway and I couldn't justify the extra $15000 for that plus sunroof/DVD player.

Yesterday I had 3 fully grown men 6ft - 6ft3, a woman 6ft with the longest legs, plus my 2 kids in booster seats and my self 5ft8 comfortably in the car along with 3 beach bags, a carton of drink, a smallish esky, 4 shopping bags of food, a picnic blanket and a bag holding 8 beach towels. With room to spare (no one had stuff at their feet or on their laps)

I really really love my kluger. I do find it fairly thirsty though. About 500kms per tank ($75 to fill the tank)

Hope this helps?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thought I would add some pics.

Pics show my BJCS pram in the boot section with both seats up in the 3rd row (amazed it fitted) that 2 toddler seats and the pram etc PLUS my nappy bag and a picnic blanket.

Another pic shows the 3rd row seats split with my pram. (The seat comes up from the ground but you can't see in this pic but there is a deep fairly wide section for legs/feet)

And the other pic shows how two booster seats are sitting beside each other easily with a full bucket seat on the side free showing the size of the car.

We have a Subaru forester also and it is TINY compared. It is a bigger car (the kluger) but very easy to park and move around without feeling its to big iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a Kluger and five kids- it's the bomb, highly recommend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We've just bought a Captiva and are loving it. Fairly thirsty also, but highway driving is not too bad. We just got close to 700klms to the tank. City driving is about 550-600.

It's very spacious, but then my last car was a Festiva. Although there is negligible boot space when both back row seats are up.

But it does sound like you've already picked the Kluger the Captiva was the very roof of our budget. We got it super cheap, too. It was almost out of our budget. We paid just under $30,000 with all the on roads, paint/tinting/rust protection junk...

Thanks
    Reviews

We've got a captiva and it's tiny inside and guzzles fuel. Go for the kluger I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

My preference would be neither. I did loads of research on SUV and my preference would be a Subaru Tribeca because of the boot space!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone with a Toyota Kluger or a Holden Captiva?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Believer View Post
    We've just bought a Captiva and are loving it. Fairly thirsty also, but highway driving is not too bad. We just got close to 700klms to the tank. City driving is about 550-600.

It's very spacious, but then my last car was a Festiva. Although there is negligible boot space when both back row seats are up.

But it does sound like you've already picked the Kluger the Captiva was the very roof of our budget. We got it super cheap, too. It was almost out of our budget. We paid just under $30,000 with all the on roads, paint/tinting/rust protection junk...
    I am still open to others opinion. As I said originally the kluger is what I wanted but the captiva did look good and much better price. Dh would rather the captiva due to the price I think but I wanted to hear from some other families who are driving them day in day out. We still have a bit of time to decide. It's just so hard from just seeing them in a show room and a short test drive. I welcome anyone's experiences. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I know, I had SO much trouble choosing! When we decided to get married it was like 'yeah, let's do it!'. When we were deciding to have kids we just jumped right in, but it took me a year to finally commit to a car. Lol.

It's still so new, so obviously I don't know, but so far I have been stoked. With both the car and the servicing at my local Holden.

My dream car was the Odyssey or the Tarago, but we went with the Captiva in the end. It all came down to money, sadly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews

We have the Captiva LX. I love it. Easy to drive, doesn't feel like you're driving a big car. We have the petrol version, and do a lot of highway driving.
    Like I said, I love it. It's comfortable and fits all the kids (5) and yes, when the 3rd row is up, there is limited space but we have a pod for the roof racks if we go on holidays.