+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone with a Toyota Kluger or a Holden Captiva?

Hi everyone.
    I know there was another thread about cars recently, but we went looking on the weekend for our new 'big family car' and have narrowed it down to these two choices.

We were originally looking at the Holden Captiva sx7. On the deals they have going at the moment it came in cheaper than originally expected (DH had originally said no to an SUV because he thought they would be too expensive)

Then we went and looked at the Toyota Kluger and I LOVE it! I have said for years that I have wanted one, but never thought they were in our price range (The top model is just over $60 K, which is way too much, but again there are some good deals at the moment with packages etc that come in at around $45k)

The Kluger has more space on the inside, although it doesn't seem much bigger from the outside, but I don't know if it is worth an extra $15K

Does anyone have experience with either of these cars? DH currently has a toyota and he is really happy with the brand. His car is the one we are replacing and I will still have my little Mazda 3 Sedan, which I love.

TIA

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know much about either but I tend to prefer Toyotas. I have heard the Captiva referred to as a Craptiva.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My friend has two klugers so she must like them!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't know if you were planning on using the 3rd row seats but we did look at both and although I prefer the Kluger it didn't allow the rear seats to be up individually. This leave no room for a decent pram. But the Captiva has the 3rd row as 2 separate seats. Hth

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 2011 Kluger and our rear seats can be put up individually, so it must depend on the model? We love our Kluger!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoypeace View Post
    I don't know if you were planning on using the 3rd row seats but we did look at both and although I prefer the Kluger it didn't allow the rear seats to be up individually. This leave no room for a decent pram. But the Captiva has the 3rd row as 2 separate seats. Hth
    Must be depending on the model. The ones we looked at could be put down separately. Each seat could de move independently, so even in the second row it was possible to leave the middle seat down and have two 'captains chairs' if you only had two people sitting there, which made a little more individual space which I liked. I did lots of folding the seats and climbing in and out to see how easy it would be once we have kids and everything that needs to be packed in and out of the car all the time.
    The Kluger definitely had more leg room, although DH said that children only have little legs and don't need as much, I still want to be ablke to have friends/adults sit comfortably in it, especially since we won't be using it for kids just yet. It is more an investment for the future, as we are starting to paln our family.
    Also, the Kluger has a better safety rating, which I think is really important, and some extra features which I liked such as a reversing camera to check there is no danger in the way.
    I think I am going to have to convinve Dh that an extra $15k for our family's comfort and safety will need to be justified. Might just mean we wait a little longer to save the extra bucks

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't have either, but I haven't heard anything good about the captiva!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are looking to buy a kluger also. We did look at the captiva but wasn't overly impressed. The kluger is a much better car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After a friend got a captiva I asked dh about us getting one....he said over his dead body.

Apparently they have A very bad rep. He would have been on board for a kluger if I wanted to spend a bit more.

Dh is pretty cluey on cars so I'd go the kluger personally!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to F&A For This Useful Post:

LRA  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

We have a captiva and have not had any problems with it. It is easy to drive and we can fit three carseats across the middle row. We have had adults sitting in the very back row comfortably.