+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 10 week old sleeping too much?

My daughter is sleeping on average 19-20 hours a day. She sleeps overnight from 6:30pm - 10am with a dream feed at 930pm and self wakes for a feed around 6:30am. During the day she is awake for an hour before going back down. She settles without fuss and shows tired signs before so I assume she's ready.
    Would this be cause for concern? Until now I thought it was great, now not so sure. When she is awake she is bright and happy and appears to be developing normally.
    Tia

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 10 week old sleeping too much?

No help here but damn I'm soooo jealous!! My 9 week old has never slept for more than 4 hours in a row and more often only 90-120 minutes at a time. And he's awake most of the day with only catnaps after feeds

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 10 week old sleeping too much?

Dd3 sleeps from about 8pm-5.30ish when she wakes for a feed then asleep until about 7.30-8am and during the day catnaps for up to 45 mins and us awake for roughly 1.5-2 hours between naps! I'm not complaining cos she sleeps really well at night and is a dream sleeper compared to dd2 who I have just booked into a sleep dr!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a dream! Don't worry it will probably change!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our dd was much the same, slept from 7:30pm to 7am, had a feed and strait back down till 11am. At 10 weeks old would only ever be awake for 45min to an hour!! And would sleep 3/4 hr blocks! She continued this till 13/14 weeks and started this at about 5 weeks. Now she is 16 months, walking growing(97%) hight and weight is extremely vocal, sooo many words!! Never stops talking!! DD has been this way from 8week MHCN visit. Enjoy it whilst it last because with babies as soon as you get used to something? They go and change!!