+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning Sickness Cures

Hi guys I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to help morning sickness and getting that sick feeling in your tummy that lasts all day. I am 7 weeks and starting to get sick and I am over it I just want to start feeling great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Morning Sickness Cures

The 3 things that I could stomach and made the sick feeling a little less were:

Rockmelon
    Watermelon
    Fruit Mentos

Those 3 got me through the 14 weeks of sickness I had with DS. The feeling never went away but thats what helped lessen it a little bit and help me cope with it This time around Im only 5 weeks but so far mentos have been my saviour!

Good luck MS is awful, hopefully it doesnt go on for too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Medication lol, I couldn't eat with my last

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Morning Sickness Cures

I ended up hospitalised with hyperemesis a with my first which wasn't much fun! The only thing I could stomach was frozen Fanta.
    This time with my second I really hope it doesn't get that bad. I am now just over 6 weeks and the all day queasiness had started and I have found that snacking on chicken crimpy shapes has helped. I have also stocked up on Hydralyte ice blocks in case I get the the vomiting stage again.
    It is recommended to eat small meals often. I found that if I haven't eaten for a while that is when I feel sick, so try to keep snacks easily available. Someone recommended dried apricots as a good snack. I will also be trying the sea sickness bands.

Sent from my umbrella

Thanks
    Reviews

Make sure you're not hungry. It's easier said than done when you have bad ms, but it is a lot worse on an empty stomach! Eating small amounts regularly helped me a little bit.

Ginger is supposed to help (I took ginger tablets).

I also ended up on medication.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I walked around with a tube of vegemite in my handbag & literally had a teaspoon size of it every hour. the only foods I stomached for the first 16 weeks were weetbix & plain pasta.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

raspberry or lemonade icy poles
    mini ice cubes
    Vegemite on a white roll
    really cold oranges

that got my through about 3 and half weeks of really bad sickness

Thanks
    Reviews

Ginger helped me a lot I would have at least one fruit juice a day usually orange and pineapple with lots of ginger. Also if it is worse in the mornings have a box of plain crackers next to your bed and eat a couple before you get up. I tried the blackmores ms tablets but I don't think they did much for me

Thanks
    Reviews

I always slept with a box of dry crackers next to my bed that way if I felt sick during the night I would nibble on one and it would pass. I had to force myself to eat though because the last thing I felt like doing when I wanted to puke was eat!
    Having heaps of small meals and water during the day helped me too. As soon as you feel the nausea coming on nibble on something.
    Maxalon helps too but it made me extremely drowsy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ginger tablets. Has always helped me with travel sickness and helped this pregnancy too.

Also, home made ginger beer (sort of more like ginger lemonade) made from fresh ginger.