+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: TTC when overweight

Just wanted to share my story

Dh and I were ttc unsuccessfully for 6 onths. We were far too focussed on it and it made us both unhappy so we decided to put it on hold for 12 months. I went on the pill, we both joined the gym and were in the middle of a no alcohol detox when we found out I was utd! I had lost 6kg (from 85 to 78.9) and the healthier life we were living seemed to make all the difference! I was of course over the moon, but also frustrated as I wanted to get down to 65kg guess that will have to wait lol

Because of my height my bmi was still 30 when I fell pregnant so I've also been advised to only gain 6kg. I'll be happy if I can keep it under 10.

Best of luck everyone, it can be done!!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC when overweight

Butterfly I am also in 100+ range. I was 89kg before DS then through pregnancy and a lot of years of putting everyone else first it all just kept staking on. In hindsight- I looked pretty good then.. At the time i felt huge!

My doctor is so lovely and has talked to me about making sure I am eating well and exercising but never once said I had to loose weight to conceive or was judgemental about my health. I am sure if we struggle he might suggest it could help but he hasn't preached to me which is great!

I also have no blood pressure or general health issues as a result of my flabby bits. Besides the fact that I struggle to find a pair of boots that fit my calves, I am well.

In saying all that. I feel like I have put my life (including going to gym and running-I was so scared I would bring on an mc) on hold since we started TTC. I so badly want that little baby bump and not just to look super fat until 39weeks when the bump is finally bigger than my flab. So I have just this week decided to do something about it.

Have an appt. at a tony ferguson clinic and want to get under 100 as my first mini goal. Then onto 89. It might have taken me 6yrs to get there but I want to finally be back at my pre-baby weight before DS.
    : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good on you mrstuilawa for your weight loss and thank you for another story
    Well done MWL on making the decision to do something about it! Best of luck with it, let us know how you go!

AFM - You know what I struggle with the most, and it really is an excuse as there are ways around it. I have fructose intolerance so fruit and veggies make me sick. I miss fruit and veggies so much! There are still some I can tolerate but not many, plus only in very small amounts. It seems the worse I eat the better I feel and the healthier I eat the sicker I feel! I'm looking at seeing a dietician to help me figure out what I can eat that won't contribute to my weight gain. At the moment I'm eating carb rich foods, REALLY not good!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mumma K View Post
    I am now 101 down from 111 in October 2012.

I have pcos and am currently not ovulating due to low progesterone.

My GP is very supportive with weightloss however my gyno just keeps telling me to lose more. I would like to get back down to 70-75kg
    I'm the exactly the same mumma k I have pcos and have a very hard time losing weight I got down from 105 to 99 just before Xmas last year then my father passed away in march and it shot back up and over 105 my biggest came last month when I hit 110 I start ivf hopefully next month they want me to be under a 100 but I think well I hope I get close enough that they won't stress to much about it I'm now at 106 so I hope I will get there any way good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC when overweight

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    Good on you mrstuilawa for your weight loss and thank you for another story
    Well done MWL on making the decision to do something about it! Best of luck with it, let us know how you go!

AFM - You know what I struggle with the most, and it really is an excuse as there are ways around it. I have fructose intolerance so fruit and veggies make me sick. I miss fruit and veggies so much! There are still some I can tolerate but not many, plus only in very small amounts. It seems the worse I eat the better I feel and the healthier I eat the sicker I feel! I'm looking at seeing a dietician to help me figure out what I can eat that won't contribute to my weight gain. At the moment I'm eating carb rich foods, REALLY not good!
    Wow ive never even heard of that! I can't imagine basically being allergic to fruit and veg, you poor thing it certainly makes food choices much more difficult!

Replacing carbs with protein is a good way to kick start weight loss though, think tuna, chicken breast, egg, cheeses, nuts, etc.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I was 120kg, TTC but not even getting my period. Nothing worked so my doc suggested lapband. Since August 2012 I have lost 20kg and now have a regular period, but because of PCOS not ovulating so I am about to start my first course of letrozole.

But having the surgery done was the best thing I've ever done and highly recommend it to anyone struggling to lose weight.

I know it's expensive but if you're in a health fund then it's not. And if you have enough super they can release your funds to cover the entire amount.

Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fingers xd For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (11-01-2013)