+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: TTC when overweight

My gp checked my weight while pregnant but never commented negatively, my ob only asked me to assess my downs risk at 12 weeks and took my word for it.

My gp and midwives commented when I was loosing a lil bit still at half way and sent me to a dietitian who said I was doing fine, just have some more dairy for calcium

When I said we were ttc #2 soon, I asked about how to best avoid my high bp issues again and he said try to loose some weight (very nicely I might add!) But also said he would see me in a few months for pregnancy care again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 120kgs when I started trying. I thought it would take me AGES to get pregnant (being overweight, I have 6 weekly cycles and a major history of infertility in my immediate blood related family).

First go ... I was pregnant.

Im 13 weeks now and have gained 2-3 kgs. Including a 2 week overseas trip eating junk etc. Not bad!

My midwife hasnt said a word. Says dont get on the scales. Everything in moderation unless im craving 4 blocks of chocolate. Then skip that craving lol.

I have had a dream pregnancy so far. No sickness etc.

Blood work is fine, BP is fine etc.

Id love to lose weight but im certainly not going to go drastic .. Im happy to stay the same weight aslong as everything is ok with bub. I will however work on losing it after baby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsR2012 For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (10-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC when overweight

I am now 101 down from 111 in October 2012.

I have pcos and am currently not ovulating due to low progesterone.

My GP is very supportive with weightloss however my gyno just keeps telling me to lose more. I would like to get back down to 70-75kg

Thanks
    Reviews

Losing weight definitely isn't easy.

I hope you all get a BFP soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies Im 22 and weigh 108kg I was on Depo Provera what made me gain roughly 10kg. Ive always been bigger built my whole life. I stopped being on depo almost a year ago as me and my long term partner of 4 years have decided we are ready to start a family Depo provera would of been out of my system now for 8 months....And i think i finally Ovulated for the first time in 8 months, I still havent had a period. But my doctor told me that i dont need a period to fall pregnant. My blood pressure and bloods have always came back fine, but has advised me to try and loose the 8kgs, Im now trying to eat smaller portions, keep away from Fizzy drinks and cut out the junk food.
    Fingers crossed we all concieve soon

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm overweight as well, but have been losing weight slowly and steadily. In 2009 I was about 113 kg then 2010 100 kg

Since 2012 hubby and I have changed our lifestyle and are much healthier eating wise, I need to work on exercise though!

I got down to 83kg in August 2012 (when we got married) but gained about 5 kg since then as a result of honeymoon, moving and buying a house and phd stressing. I'm now losing again but am much bigger than I hoped I would be!

I had a horrific gp experience in June 2012 that made me cry the lady was so rude and depressing! She told me I would be unable to lose weight without a nutritionist/help and really was quiet nasty. I'm aware I'm big, I know how to fix it, I'm aware of the risks (I work in science/biology)... Don't need the hard sell! I need motivation of the positive variety!

I'm noticing right now that my belly is huge, but feels hard (under the initial squish), hubby wants me to go to gp as I'm clearly worried but I'm petrified of having a horror experience or to be told that its just fat... Der! I'm also scared that I won't look pregnant

I'm so silly!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would like to TTC but am myself am well and truly past the 100kg mark. I have a lot of weight to lose but 30 before TTC is probably the best.

I'm trying to remind myself of if I do it, we can have number 2. Try to motivate me, but it's hard in this heat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm 96kgs and have PCOS and my ob is getting me to drop weight. Not finding it as easy as I did when younger but have added a lot more exercise and fruit n veg to my life ATM. Getting there slowly

Thanks
    Reviews

I have bad hips (from birth) and jan last year was told by doctor to loose 15 before ttc (i was 84.9) and hopefully should be right to carry without being bed ridden. With weight watchers and gym I lost 13 by July and started ttc. I put on a little over Christmas but still over 10kg loss. Slow and steady wins the race, and I just have to remind myself why I am doing it and that gets me back on track.
    Good luck, we're all in same boat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you to everyone for taking the time to respond and tell me your stories! I hadn't been on for a bit because I've been sick and just noticed all the replies. Good luck to all those still TTC, we WILL get our sticky bubs in 2013!