+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC when overweight

So, I'm struggling at the moment with my weight. Since all this stuff has been happening with my Mum and since the MC, I've been emotional eating really badly and my weight has sky rocketed. I haven't weighed myself recently (too scared), but I would guess I'm back to around 113-114 kg's. I've honestly tried so many times to lose weight in the past but it seems the more I try the more I think about food and the more I put on weight. So instead of thinking about it 24/7 I'm going to try and just CHILL OUT, focus more on drinking more water and NOT eating as much sweets and hopefully I can just live a bit healthier. I realise there can be health complications with obesity but to be honest, I've never had anything but a 100% good report from my health checks. My doctor is actually surprised every time that my blood pressure is better than perfect and all my bloods are always spot on. Anyway, so I really just wanted to say that I don't want to obsess about it any more but I'm scared that will make me feel guilty and as though I'm not doing any thing about it, if you know what I mean.

Anyone else TTC and overweight? Are you trying to lose weight or are you happy to continue on as you are?

Thanks
    Reviews

I am trying to lose weight. I have put on lots of weight over the past 6 months through eating waaaay too much. I am only a bit "overweight" as my BMI is 27.5. I hate the way the weight makes me feel. I love being slim, sexy and healthy but now I feel frumpy, heavy and sluggish. My BP and bloods are always perfect too and I have never had any health issues - but there is a big difference in a persons overall health and fitness with extra KG's on that wont show up.

The thing is though - if I just stop over eating and not eating sweets etc, its enough to stop gaining weight but nit enough to lose it. Pregnancy is also a lot harder on your body when you are heavy. I am aiming to restrict calories in and exercise too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumsical For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I am too I'm a steady 120kgs...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    I am too I'm a steady 120kgs...
    Has your doctor said anything about losing weight to you? Are you trying to lose or are you just keeping a chilled out approach to it? My doctor didn't say anything, just said try and eat a bit healthier and cut down on alcohol. Some days I feel really bad about it and others I feel like I don't care. I do know that I have a problem with not being able to get food off my mind all the time though which is what concerns me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am TTC #2,

I was...brace yourself ladies... 136 kgs when i got my BFP, I lost weight very slowly in the first half, not trying to, i just didnt want to feed my baby horrible food so it inspired me to eat healthy. However i put 8kgs on in the last half and was 144kgs when in labour.

I have tried in the past 20months since having him to get into double figures, i have great motivation for a couple of months, then just get bored and slack off, and put it back on again. Im not sure now, but last i checked before christmas im still slightly lighter than when TTC DS.

I had a great pregnancy, I never got Morning sickness, never threw up, didnt get any of the nasty side effects, but around the time my weight stopped dropping off (around 24wks), My BP sky rocketed... By the time i had DS (38+6) I was on the highest dose of medication for BP possible, but it was in the normal range.

I had to have an emergency csect, and apparently lost extra blood which can be a side effect of being overweight. I was borderline for a transfusion but came through ok. Both DS and i are fine now.

Since having him ive been diagnosed with Hypothyroidisim which hasnt helped my weight loss efforts any!!

Good luck ladies Hopefully we can work together to make ourselves healthier for our future bubbies, and ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to add, because of my weight and BP issues, while in labour, the hospital i was birthing at decided i was "too high of a risk" so we were flown via royal flying doctors to Adelaide (6hrs from home!!) 5 from where we were birthing...

They also say it makes getting an epidural in alot harder...or less effective. The anethatist i seen was FANTASTIC! She got it in 3rd go, and completely removed ALL pain...even though i was petrified of having one, and had strictly said i didnt want one at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14

Default Re: TTC when overweight

I am 110kg at the moment have got down from 118kg last year. I am trying to loose more & fall pregnant at the same time. I was 113kg when I m/c so hoping to have the next pregnancy with very little weight gain. I have back issues which I have been doing Pilates for & it has helped, also thyroid problems & diabetes run in the family, I have neither now but get checked regularly. I would love to get under 100kg before falling pregnant but dont really want to wait to get utd.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi ladies

I was 117, I joined WW and got down to 92 in one year.

I'm now 14 weeks pregnant and I've put on another 6 which is depressing.

I had my wild wife appt on Friday and they have said I can only put on 6-9kg max.

It certainly makes it harder when you've got extra weight. I've been a clown in the first trimester and have eaten whatever I feel like. I'm trying to be really good now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2013 View Post
    Has your doctor said anything about losing weight to you? Are you trying to lose or are you just keeping a chilled out approach to it? My doctor didn't say anything, just said try and eat a bit healthier and cut down on alcohol. Some days I feel really bad about it and others I feel like I don't care. I do know that I have a problem with not being able to get food off my mind all the time though which is what concerns me.
    No my dr just checks my blood pressure n that's it! I have cut down on drinking n put on so much weight I just eat big portions-no problem with snacking plus I don't exercise....

Thanks
    Reviews

I am 175cm and weigh 85kgs - i was 68kgs 8 months ago . I was 84kgs when I fell pregnant with DS - i put on 10kgs during the pregnancy which I was very happy about and 3 days after his birth I was back to exactly my pp weight of 84kgs. I did michelle bridges 12wbt and lost heaps of weight.