+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What did labour (contractions) feel like to you?

With DD1 I was induced with a drip and she was posterior. Felt like awful period cramps in front but a dull, hard pain in my back, made all the worse by being in bed with monitors on etc.

DD2 was spontaneous but also posterior. The back pain was excruciating, I felt like all my bones were being ground together, I could not find a comfortable position at all. Not pleasant! But quick, so I can't complain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What did labour (contractions) feel like to you?

It felt like contractions. Like my belly was squeezing so hard it felt like it was getting crushed. With a side order of excruciating back pain like the pressure was pushing my spine out through my skin.

Though that was really only the last 6 hours. The first 50 odd hours were painful but I was so excited to be in labour. Just like really bad period cramping.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: What did labour (contractions) feel like to you?

Actually birthing though was freaking awesome. Frustrating because I pushed for like 30-40 minutes and she crowned a few times and went back in so I was getting really arghargharghargh come on! But it was amazing.

I imagine it's how Olympic athletes feel. Pushing through the pain so to speak.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

For me it felt like the worst period and gastric pain you can ever feel!

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I felt mine in my legs/ lower abdo. they were intense, and the only way I could get comfy was planking against a bench. or planking in the shower.

I was induced and later had to have a drip, had an epi, but they turned it off mid way through and they were on top of each other, I couldn't talk just cried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Like all my insides were twisting and cramping and pulling. Then like my pelvis was exploding. Then like I was going to poop a large bowling ball. The pressure is intense and it brings that urge to push.

Don't be scared though, you just kind of go with it at the time. Yes it's painful but you'll get through it. I was a bit worried about how I'd cope but in the end I wasn't scared or anything, I jut did what I had to do. To an extent, your instincts kick in.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine felt like horrendous period pain to begin with, to the point where during a contraction I couldn't walk, talk, breathe, do anything. I had no back pain, it was all in the front. There are no words to describe the pain just prior to the pushing stage. It's no longer in the 'period pain' category

Contractions aside though, I would have them any day over the feeling of pressure during pushing. I absolutely hated that feeling.

I love giving birth though, I would rather give birth over being pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My felt like extremely bad period pain in my legs and back. I didnt expect it to be like that. I had to get the massaged lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Ok I'm actually having contractions right now, they feel like someone squeezing a belt across my abdomen. It's similar to period pain but they build in intensity then fade. When they peak the pain is in the middle near my bellybutton.

They are still very mild though.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Ok I'm actually having contractions right now, they feel like someone squeezing a belt across my abdomen. It's similar to period pain but they build in intensity then fade. When they peak the pain is in the middle near my bellybutton.

They are still very mild though.
    Oooooh good luck!!! The very beginning was like that for me, like Braxton Hicks tightenings that were enough to be uncomfortable then a pulling/cramping feeling.