+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How to treat this?

001.jpg

DD came home from her fathers with this on her thigh Apparently it was from a mozzie bite. Obviously she's scratched and scratched and its infected.

Last night i put betadine on it and covered it with a patch. Is that the right treatment?
    (Im going to take her to the gp tomorrow i think, to be on the safe side and have it documented just in case. Ive obviously taken photos.)

Just want to keep her as comfortable as possible with it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi. This looks like impetigo to me also called school sores. Defiantly head to the doctors. If it is a school sore they are highly contagious. I think you did the right thing to cover it up. Good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jojoscircus For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by jojoscircus View Post
    Hi. This looks like impetigo to me also called school sores. Defiantly head to the doctors. If it is a school sore they are highly contagious. I think you did the right thing to cover it up. Good luck.
    Yup, impetigo. Betadine and cover. Very, very contagious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, i havent seen a school sore before Do they need antibiotics? Poor little munchkin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Dd got them from her child care the cream the doctor will prescribe is awesome and it will be fine on a couple of days, keep it covered and it will prevent spreading keep checking and if you see anything that looks like a site put the cream on that too and cover. Dd did not seem to be in pain from it but the plasters hurt her a bit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you guys, i will try and get into the gp earlier then. Thats just horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by InNeedOfWisdom View Post
    Oh wow, i havent seen a school sore before Do they need antibiotics? Poor little munchkin
    They don't usually bother with them. School sores are caused by golden staph, aka MRSA, which is antibiotic resistant. They do clear up reasonably well if kept clean and covered. I only ever used betadine on them on Drs advice but they may have another treatment available by script now, DD1 had impetigo years ago now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, thanks for the advice. The Dr didnt think its a school sore, he thought it was just infected and is worried about staph, so he's put DD on antibiotics and i have to continue the betadine and patches. He took some swabs but results will take a while. Thank you, i feel heaps better now. So glad the dr made sure to fit us in

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How to treat this?

Paw paw cream :-) and yes cover hope it heals soon!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

11. The Following User Says Thank You to M.2. For This Useful Post:

InNeedOfWisdom  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

How did you go?