+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Decision making

SO I am the most indecisive person you will ever meet......seriously. I have so much trouble deciding on the most basic things that you can only imagine how bad I am in regards to life changing decisions.

Anyway at the moment I feel like I am in no mans land and cant work out what I want to do. It got me thinking how do you make big decisions? Do you write out the pros and cons, talk to people or just make a decision and hope for the best. I need some help trying to figure out what I want and what would be best for my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Decision making

Subscribing, you sound like me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Decision making

I too have always been very indecisive! Drives my DH, friends and families nuts! Especially selecting from a menu!!! 😳

I have worked really hard at improving this over the years and this is how I approach things now.

If my gut is telling me something I go with that! I make the decision quickly and move on!

If I don't have an obvious gut instinct over it I talk it through with people and if still unsure I do the pros and cons list.

Usually by this point I will now have a gut instinct and then I follow that.

The key is that once you've made your choice move forward. Don't keep stewing over it!

Good luck! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Decision making

I'm probably the opposite and act too quickly! I always follow my instinct and if in doubt I always run things past my brother, he just has always been the one I go to for any advice , personal or business ( has been since we were kids!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am in a very similar position, in a few weeks I have to make a huge decision about what to do with my life, and I have so many options it is scary.

My plan is to take a two week break and not think about any of it, just exist stress- and decision-free for a bit and clear my head. Then set out a written plan for each option, what I would have to do, what it would mean, etc. I'm HOPING that one of the options jumps out as the best. Otherwise... I dunno!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Decision making

You sound like my husband! I understanding taking time to make big decisions, but he will umm and ahh for FOREVER about choosing between 2 identical products which vary in price by a couple of dollars. The other day we spent at least 40 minutes in bunnings while he decided between 2 different brands of shelving, the size and materials were exactly the same with a price difference of about $4. Just grab one and lets go :-P

To make a big decision, My advice would be to talk it through with someone who already knows the story, as well as someone who knows nothing about it, just to get some different perspectives. If it is something external (e.g. a new school for your kids or refinancing your home loan), try to find some kind of subject matter expert to give you a professional opinion.

Good luck! :-)