+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default So Stressed!

I've never been more stressed in my life.
    Everything was going well until the Forcett fires started up. Even though they have been burning for a couple of days, I've been more worried about our house so I've only just come to this realization today...

Our wedding is TWO weeks away and it was meant to be held on a beach on the Tasman Peninsula not far from Port Arthur. For those who don't know, the Tasman Peninsula is completely cut off from the rest of Tasmania at the moment due to the Forcett fires. No road access in via the highway and no power. Aurora are saying power could take weeks to reconnect and they can't determine when they will open the highway down there either.

As it is after hours, I've sent the manager an email. But as I'm typing this I'm realizing how stupid that is. If they don't have power, they won't have computer access. I will have to try to call tomorrow. Let's hope I can contact the reception place some how??

I feel horrible stressing about this when people have lost everything to the fires. But I don't know what to do. I've been so organized up until now to actually try and minimize stress leading up to the day. It had been working..

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the lodge we are staying at, and having the reception at have just posted on FB saying that they are closed at the moment. They have a small generator and they are expecting a larger generator within the next few days. They couldn't say when they would be back to 'business as normal'. Hmm what to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Nomie, that sounds stressful
    I don't have any real advice except keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    Would you be happy getting married on a beach somewhere and having the reception at home or a function room? or would you postpone the wedding?
    I hope it works out fine

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So Stressed!

Oh my gosh you must be so anxious!

Could you ask the question on their fb page?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So Stressed!

Sorry I just re-read your post and saw that they've already said that they don't know when they'll be up and running again.

I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So Stressed!

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh you poor thing. I can only imagine the stress you must be feeling right now, the whole situation is soo sad (re fires etc). I actually know of someone that is getting married down that way in several weeks too and i'm now wondering the same thing and whether she's stressed about her wedding.
    I really hope it all gets sorted very soon and you can start to relax and look forward to your wedding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: So Stressed!

Oh how disappointing. Its awful over there. Id consider postponing if you can. Would probably be the less stressful option? Hope it works out ok for you x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLA View Post
    Oh Nomie, that sounds stressful
    I don't have any real advice except keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
    Would you be happy getting married on a beach somewhere and having the reception at home or a function room? or would you postpone the wedding?
    I hope it works out fine
    I think at the moment if worse comes to worse we will hold the wedding on a local beach or garden and have the reception at the club house where my DF works on the golf course. It sucks though. I've been planning the wedding at the bay for a year. I'm finding it hard to get a reply from the lodge about if I should relocate or not. They have limited email access. Hope they find my email soon and call me! I just want to know one way or the other so I can get a start on what I need to do. The waiting is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by emma26 View Post
    Ohh you poor thing. I can only imagine the stress you must be feeling right now, the whole situation is soo sad (re fires etc). I actually know of someone that is getting married down that way in several weeks too and i'm now wondering the same thing and whether she's stressed about her wedding.
    I really hope it all gets sorted very soon and you can start to relax and look forward to your wedding
    I'm sure she is stressed too. Where was her wedding being held? I reckon she'll just be okay. The power should be on within 3-4 weeks. Fingers crossed! I would hate for her to go through this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemissellie View Post
    Oh how disappointing. Its awful over there. Id consider postponing if you can. Would probably be the less stressful option? Hope it works out ok for you x
    We have family flying over that wouldn't be able to get the time off again. Even if I did postpone, we wouldn't get the wedding at the lodge. They get booked out really quick. We booked over a year in advance and they already had weddings booked on the weekends either side of ours. I feel sorry for any brides that were meant to be married down that way this weekend..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no, i really dont know what to suggest.

Hope something can be worked out op