+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Studying whilst pregnant

Just saw this thread! I have just finished first year of Bach of nursing and was pregnant the whole way through! I did full time on campus, did placement on a hospital ward at 25ish weeks, and had the baby 2 weeks before exams in second semester. I also worked 20 hours a week. I didn't find it too hard to juggle at all! I ended up with most marks in the 70's! I say go for it!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrskb For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrskb, I just join the forum after seeing your comment above and was hoping you could help me. I'll be starting my first year of the Nurs/mid degree at deakin in March and I'm also currently in the middle of a dreaded 2 week wait. If I am pregnant at the minute it would mean the baby would be due around the beginning of October, similar to your experience last year. I'm not too phased about the study but I am panicked about the fact that i'm probably not up to date with the immunisations I'll need for clinicals? And I don't think I can get them if I'm pregnant. Do you know any info that may be helpful? Did you have any issues doing placements so late in your pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Studying whilst pregnant

Wow holy crapola MrsKb. Great you did so well! Whats your plans for the rest if your studies now with. Little one??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
    Hi Mrskb, I just join the forum after seeing your comment above and was hoping you could help me. I'll be starting my first year of the Nurs/mid degree at deakin in March and I'm also currently in the middle of a dreaded 2 week wait. If I am pregnant at the minute it would mean the baby would be due around the beginning of October, similar to your experience last year. I'm not too phased about the study but I am panicked about the fact that i'm probably not up to date with the immunisations I'll need for clinicals? And I don't think I can get them if I'm pregnant. Do you know any info that may be helpful? Did you have any issues doing placements so late in your pregnancy?
    My uni, (CDU) you sign a form to say you cannot get your immunisations done because you are pregnant. (I think it also means you cannot take any action against the uni or hospital if you were to contract something).

I am due mid October so am now thinking about the teaching blocks and placements!

FOR the OP, I have started my studies with a 1 and 3 yr old. I am now pregnant and will be continuing as long as I can. I only have placement units left now so I think as long as I don't do any placements in the last trimester and 6-8 weeks after births ti should all be fine. It will probably turn out that I wont be able to do anything in second semester as I have to finish placements for one unit to do the next, and with a lack of placements for my uni I doubt they will find anything until after bub.

Good luck, my uni has a census date about 5-6 weeks into the semester. You could always see how you go and you could pull out before you get charged the fee's.