+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ovulation and clomid

Hi I hope im posting this in the correct spot.

I have a beautiful 16month old bubba as a result of 6 months on clomid.
    We had been trying since june-july to conceive and nothing was happening I was pretty sure I was not ovulating and went to my ob and a blood test confirmed I wasnt ovulating.
    Commenced clomid and ive completed one cycle and the routine blood test on day 21 and the results showed that I had not ovulated.

I took clomid day 5-9 of my cycle and we were to have sex on day 14 minimum - we did it from day 14-21

I was due for my period yesterday and I had previously experienced with clomid my cycles would get shorter. Periods have been irregular in length and I was a 42 day cycle this time. However for some unknown reason I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they have both been positive.

If the blood test showed I didnt ovulate can I really be pregnant?

Thank you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default ovulation and clomid

You my have ovulated later in your cycle. Having a 42 day cycle would indicate you O much later than 'normal' an it would be too early for a CD21 BT.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 06-01-2013 at 15:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmm. Depends on the blood test I would think.

I have 42 day natural cycles. I O'd on C29 (confirmed by symptoms and strong positive OPK) I had a blood test taken from my arm on C22 and there were signs from that test that my follicle was producing an egg.

Could have been just that 24hrs to early for your BT on C21 etc.

When in your cycle did you get your 2x BFP ?

I wouldnt quite be taking it as gospel just yet but you certainly might be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MumofMoo, I think there are some medications that can affect the result of a home pg test and think that Clomid is one of them (it mentions it in the extra papers in the box of the pg test I have at the moment).
    But I'm not sure how long to wait before the Clomid is out of your system? If you are worried I would head back to the Dr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have a trigger shot as well? I know that if I've had a trigger shot it will give you a positive on a home pregnancy test for a few weeks. They can only tell if you're pregnant from a blood test.