+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ectopic

My doctor told me my baby may be ectopic (I get tests next week) but I have no pain or bleeding. My question is, is there ALWAYS pain when a baby is ectopic? I have very slight cramping but have been told that's normal. The reason they believe its ectopic is because there was nothing on my 5 week scan, but the ultrasound assistant said if it were somewhere else she would've seen a sign of it. Very lost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have always been led to believe that nothing much can be seen on a scan at 5 weeks. My doctor said to me not to get anything before 8 weeks, because anything before that is just guesswork. They should be checking your blood levels

With my youngest they thought she was ectopic too, but it turns out that I just wasn't as further along as I thought. Hopefully this is the case with you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ectopic

When I had a scan at 5.5 weeks, my doctor said I had a blighted ovum coz she didn't see anything. After a further 1.5 weeks I had another scan and they found the sac and heartbeat. Lucky I didn't trust my doctor! Only thing was that I was in a total mess during that 1.5 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ectopic

That's sorta how I feel. They can't tell me not to stress then call me and say it may be ectopic or a miscarriage. I was away from home when I found out around a massive group of friends and had to hold it all in while I was gone. As soon as I got home I melted I was just so terrified as this is my first, and my partner and I are so excited, heartbroken didn't even describe how I felt.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ectopic

I had a scan at 5+6 because they thought because of my cramping it might be ectopic. Well they saw everything but a heartbeat but I was in the right spot and am now nearly 12 weeks. Fingers crossed youre the same

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ectopic

5 week scan be too early to tell. I've had an ectopic in my last pregnancy and only got pain when I would of been 7-8 wks along! I also only got a positive hcg at 6 weeks. Please make sure you go to the hospital ASAP if you feel any cramping or slight bleeding. All the best.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chances For This Useful Post:

Mambo  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ectopic

I have had two and didn't have any pain to begin with, just some cramping but nothing crazy.

If there is the chance it's ectopic please demand they do an internal scan and get it sorted ASAP. Both mine ruptured and I don't want to alarm you... But it can be life threatening.

I sincerely hope it's not ectopic. Good luck *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    At around the 5week mark with dd1 they thought there was a possibility of ectopic, as nothing was seen on ultrasound and I had fluid in the pouch of Douglas. Even with this the doctor did not stress I was sent for bloods and a repeat ultrasound. As this was a few days before Christmas I was told if I experienced any pain or bleeding go straight to hospital other than that not to worry. All was well there was a healthy little heartbeat at my next scan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ectopic

That's what they've said to me, if I get any pain or bleeding to go to the hospital. I'm 7 weeks 1 day ATM and I find the only time I cramp is when I have been sitting for a little while, otherwise I'm fine. If everything is ok when I go for my next scan, I'm switching doctors pronto.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your 7 weeks now and your doctor thinks you have an ectopic pregnancy 2 weeks ago why haven't they sent you for a follow up scan?? I had my follow up at 6 weeks. Is your next scan 12 weeks or do you have a closer appt?? Sounds odd to me...