+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tildy View Post
    Its good to hear he is home with you now. You are not crazy. I still go outside and talk to the plant that my baby is buried beneath. I feel sad everytime but its a release. I have a little box with all her things and some photos too. The memories dont exactly cheer me up, but I need them. I need to feel like it happened, that it was real and that my baby will not be forgotten and lost by everyone cause I know I will never forget.

Angus has touched so many hearts, he will be remembered by us all. Do what you need to do and never feel crazy for expressing your grief in whatever way helps you. The wound gets less raw but it will always leave a scar on your heart. Be kind to each other. You are definately strong enough to get through this.
    Thank you

I have a huge fear of people forgetting angus I know it's going to happen they will leave him
    Out if the description of our family etc

I feel like people don't understand how hugely important he is to my world.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Allymumtobe For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (12-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not sure if this is something that you have already heard of,but when my friend's son passed away she had his ashes put into a teddy bear so that she and her family have something to cuddle whenever they want to.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsTruth View Post
    I am not sure if this is something that you have already heard of,but when my friend's son passed away she had his ashes put into a teddy bear so that she and her family have something to cuddle whenever they want to.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    We did think of that but my dogs like to eat toys but we are having necklaces

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    Thank you

I have a huge fear of people forgetting angus I know it's going to happen they will leave him

Yeah, I get that feeling too. I feel as if I have to remind people that I was ever pregnant before. It is such a massive thing for me and I feel as if no one actually realises. I guess its hard to get it unless you go through it. But rest assured. He will be remembered.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (19-04-2013),almai  (19-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am exactly the same! I never want to forget my boys and I don't want others too either. I feel they came to me for a reason and I should honor their memory.
    For 5 years people would ask 'do you have kids?' And I'd reply 'yes but they were born sleeping' now it's 'is this your 1st?' Me: 'No its my 3rd pregnancy but hopefully my 1st earth bound baby'
    People feel awkward and don't know how to talk to me when I openly respond in this way because they aren't used to it. Loss is always hidden away. I don't know why...
    I have never felt bad for making others uncomfortable with my openness. My boys are apart of me and people accept that now and don't pity me anymore, they see how strong they made me.

I know constant reminders and talking about loss isn't the right way for everyone to heal. I don't judge others who chose to keep things hidden. Everyone has to cope the best they can and do what's right for them.

Do what makes you happy or keeps you at peace (and those choices may change over the years), remember angus how ever you want. He is your family now and always, that will never change.
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you and your family Ally. Xxx congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little angel Angus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    I am exactly the same! I never want to forget my boys and I don't want others too either. I feel they came to me for a reason and I should honor their memory.
    For 5 years people would ask 'do you have kids?' And I'd reply 'yes but they were born sleeping' now it's 'is this your 1st?' Me: 'No its my 3rd pregnancy but hopefully my 1st earth bound baby'
    People feel awkward and don't know how to talk to me when I openly respond in this way because they aren't used to it. Loss is always hidden away. I don't know why...
    I have never felt bad for making others uncomfortable with my openness. My boys are apart of me and people accept that now and don't pity me anymore, they see how strong they made me.

I know constant reminders and talking about loss isn't the right way for everyone to heal. I don't judge others who chose to keep things hidden. Everyone has to cope the best they can and do what's right for them.

Do what makes you happy or keeps you at peace (and those choices may change over the years), remember angus how ever you want. He is your family now and always, that will never change.
    Xx
    I dread the is this your first question when we go again. Because I won't lie I will say no my first baby etc so scared because I will get emotional I hate that people won't see or meet him and know how beautiful he was

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    In time you will be able to talk about him without crying. For now, your tears are justified, its all so raw. so don't worry about other people.
    When those questions are asked, Just answer short but clear 'yes i have a child or no, this is my 2nd... My son was born sleeping'.
    It gives him the recognition he deserves without delving too much. If people ask more questions then just answer with what you feel comfortable with.
    Most people react a bit shocked then just say 'oh, I'm so sorry'.
    I always reply 'everything happens for a reason and they made me a stronger person'. helps the awkwardness...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (20-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allymumtobe View Post
    Thank you

Don't be afraid to remind them, gently ask them to remember him in cards etc (and when gently doesn't work you may need to be more forceful) losing a baby is such a life changing experience. When I lost my Jonathon I really found out who my real friends were, who could count on in and who wasn't really there for me. As a result I have a whole new support group of friends who I know will always be there for me, including a large component of beautiful angel mummies from "supporting mums of angels" who were my rock and all of whom understand the pain of losing a child and the agony of that loss not being acknowledged.

We will ever forgetting him and his legacy is evidenced by this thread and the huge number of lives his life touched. Sending you big hugs Ally xoxo

Busy Baking my rainbow, due July 2013

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gonnabeaGR8mum For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (20-04-2013),almai  (20-04-2013),giggle berry  (21-04-2013)