+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Im annoyed that our tenants smoke ( they told us they didnt on the application). Cats sh!t and **** stinks, ( putting it simply).
    As owners for us it's a trust thing too. If we can't trust them on something as simple as no pets then it does make you wonder.
    I know it's hard for renters but it comes with the territory.
    As far as I am aware you cannot prevent a tenant from smoking on the property, but my lease stipulates that there is no smoking inside the house. Does your lease have anything about smoking in it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    We had a pet friendly rental and our two dogs never set foot inside the house. There are some people who declare their pets and follow the rules
    That's me. I've never let the dog in the house! I've also never had any bond retained or had to return to a property after exiting to rectify anything.

I will say, if I ever owned a rental property I would allow pets but would expect the tenants to repair/clean any and everything that was soiled/damaged by the animal. Just as I would if the tenant or their children/friends did damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Can not believe the dishonesty, entitlement and lack of respect that is in this thread. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

Makes me wonder what other laws in life you don't think apply to you......

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by rlpreston View Post
    As far as I am aware you cannot prevent a tenant from smoking on the property, but my lease stipulates that there is no smoking inside the house. Does your lease have anything about smoking in it?
    Our lease does say no smoking. What I was getting at though is that they lied about that ( said they were non smokers when asked the direct question) it's about trust. I do not trust them now. I'm not going to kick them out over that but it does now mean I'll ensure the property is looked over with a fine tooth comb before they get their bond back.
    I don't appreciate being lied to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Can not believe the dishonesty, entitlement and lack of respect that is in this thread. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion.

Makes me wonder what other laws in life you don't think apply to you......
    Sorry but this made me LOL. Yup, a bunch of hardened criminals hiding their pets and posting on bub hub

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

mamamel89  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Sorry but this made me LOL. Yup, a bunch of hardened criminals hiding their pets and posting on bub hub

I just thought the same thing..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately its the unresponsible pet owners that ruin it for others. Like the previous renters where we are. their pets had done quite alot of damage to the wooden areas arounds the windows. Also after moving in we had to deal with a flea infestation which got blamed on our cat! Our poor cat never had fleas in his life and was struggling.

Just be honest. If you do get a pet and it does damage do the right thing and fix it. Dont try to hide it and make someone else fix it later. Unfortunately we will have to fix old damage when we move because we didnt notice it until months after we moved in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I remember reading one lease which stated that if I were to have a fish, it must be housed in a bowl or tank.

Um, no sh*t.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (06-01-2013),FindMyLunch  (10-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I remember reading one lease which stated that if I were to have a fish, it must be housed in a bowl or tank.

Um, no sh*t.
    Rofl!maybe they thought you would bw different and use the bath tub or laundry sink? Hahaha

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    LOL Careful, our IP addressed will get tracked, recorded and passed on to the Real Estates or owners.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (06-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (06-01-2013)