+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you shouldn't get a dog if your lease doesn't allow for it. Im sure you wouldn't appreciate the landlord not following their obligations in the lease.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Even if they think they can smell them, how can they prove it though?
    I get out carpet deodorant, burn heaps of incense before inspections. If anything, they probably think i'm a stoner.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

And Myztik, totally agree......its as 'simple' as buying your own home or finding a pet friendly property (that isnt a complete sh!thole in a crack den neighbourhood...or a farm)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (07-01-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (06-01-2013),Purple Lily  (06-01-2013),Tildy  (02-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default pets and renting

After reading some of the stories on the last few pages I'm not sure I want to allow pets anymore!
    Are there any landlords who have never had any problems with allowing tenants to keep pets? (Sorry if I've gone a bit off topic OP!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to say

Even though it wont matter

We dont have any carpets... The house was supposed to be knocked down last year as it was going to be developed but that fell through.. The owner said he never plans to sell the house, it is one of his 10 investment properties... The others all being high end properties. And we have no gardens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default pets and renting

Ugh, the dishonesty and deliberate deception in here, coupled with entitled attitudes about other peoples property is disgusting.

Makes me glad I'm not a landlord.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

CMF  (07-01-2013),dancingchipmunk  (06-01-2013),Lincolns mummy  (06-01-2013),MsTruth  (07-01-2013),Ruby_Tuesday15  (06-01-2013),squirrelex  (06-01-2013),wannawannabe  (06-01-2013)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maria02 View Post
    After reading some of the stories on the last few pages I'm not sure I want to allow pets anymore!
    Are there any landlords who have never had any problems with allowing tenants to keep pets? (Sorry if I've gone a bit off topic OP!)
    Im no landlord (obviously) but Id ask for pet references, recent photos of the pet (so you know the size and state of the animal) and make the pet bond higher than the normal $100...it will help weed out the irresponsible ones a bit at least. Maybe even make a condition that if its indoors the carpets be professionally cleaned every 6 months (receipts needed) rather than every 12/end of lease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Ugh, the dishonesty and deliberate deception in here, coupled with entitled attitudes about other peoples property is disgusting.

Makes me glad I'm not a landlord.
    For me personally, I dont feel entitled to someones property...I feel entitled to feeling safe. DP would do FIFO work and I'll be damned if Im going to live alone with DS (and upcoming baby) and have no guard dog. I do have my dogs for companionship but also for family protection...which they have provided in the past. My dog chased 3 people out of my backyard and over a fence one day when I was asleep on the couch.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: pets and renting

Wow...I would NEVER disrespect another person's property like that. I simply wouldn't have pets when renting.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    For me personally, I dont feel entitled to someones property...I feel entitled to feeling safe. DP would do FIFO work and I'll be damned if Im going to live alone with DS (and upcoming baby) and have no guard dog. I do have my dogs for companionship but also for family protection...which they have provided in the past. My dog chased 3 people out of my backyard and over a fence one day when I was asleep on the couch.
    Good point about wanting a dog around if your partne is FiFO. Can you rent in a safer area or buy your own house or are there obstructions to those options?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

We have many tenants with pets that are terrific, We have a special pet reference we do for tenants with great pets (its very cute - its something like - this is a reference for fluffy smith, we have found fluffy to always be very friendly and obedient during inspections and she takes very good care of the yard and gardens and has caused no damage during her stay etc)

In saying that we usually prefer tenants with pet references as it shows the landlord the pets have been good in their last rental , but yes we have had some shockers that have damaged the houses quite badly and that does obviously make some landlords pet shy , the ones that have never had dogs before are usually the worst ( in my experience)

The best was one tenant who kept a pony in the back yard ( we are talking inner city Sydney!) the neighbors called the council and they fined her , then told us and we had to give her an eviction notice or get rid of it ( which she did)