+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default pets and renting

We never added DD, they knew we were utd though as we wrote it on the application..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

In regards to extra children at rentals;
    This is what my lease agreement has to say about the number of people at the property.

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1357707000.320787.jpg
    ^See "Number of persons allowed to reside at the premises" for us it's 4 people.

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1357707110.468562.jpg
    ^ clause 23 of statement terms.

I'm with a well known real estate.
    It doesn't actually say anything about kids (ill keep looking as in sure I seen something but I could be wrong)
    But I'm guessing kids just go under "Persons" IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Sure if you hide a kid on your application I can understand getting in trouble for that, thats not cool, but surely having a baby... its not like new babies are always planned... "Oh look, you've had a new baby, what a shame we don't want 3 in our rental property, looks like you'll have to find another home for one of them or we'll evict you" LOL

I can understand that you have to inform them if you have another baby etc, so that it can be put on the lease, but the idea that they can evict you for breach by having a baby is insane to me!
    When they moved in they had 2 kids then she fell pregnant by accident.
    They are too scared to say anything incase they are told to move.
    She only works part time now and so does he cause he is studying so their income has dropped. It will be hard for them to secure another property.
    They are scared they will be homeless.

But like I said I'm not 100% sure Agents can do that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    This is what my lease agreement has to say about the number of people at the property.

Attachment 29946
    ^See "Number of persons allowed to reside at the premises" for us it's 4 people.

Attachment 29947

It doesn't actually say anything about kids (ill keep looking as in sure I seen something but I could be wrong)
    On their lease it actually says 2 adults and 2 kids can live on the property.
    From memory it was either on the first or second page.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default pets and renting

I'm pretty sure they are not allow to evict you because you reproduce of course that won't stop them finding another excuse

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are in NSW.

Look I find it hard to believe an agent would do that even if they could but I guess you never know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post

Attachment 29946

Attachment 29947

Your lease says no more then the stated amount of people or something like that. So if you have 4 people stated (kids included) then having another is an extra person not on the lease.
    I don't know... Maybe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default pets and renting

Those clauses are designed to prevent people subletting rooms without notifying the landlord, not to control fertility. Would be a pretty awful agent that would kick someone out for additional children.

I mean unless the property was entirely inappropriate for the size of a family.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Benji  (09-01-2013),lambjam  (09-01-2013),SoThisIsLove  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    On their lease it actually says 2 adults and 2 kids can live on the property.
    From memory it was either on the first or second page.
    I'm sure we had the same thing!!!
    I can't find it though
    It might be on our old lease (been here for 3 years)
    As the landlord has changed real estates for this current lease, they might do it differently to the old ones.

However I was looking through our care instructions on the lease and it says we must not hang clothes inside the premises, clothes and other material are to only be hanged outside.. I'm guessing they mean the washing?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: pets and renting

I asked moving in here if we could be evicted for having more babies and the property manager laughed.... Then realised it was a genuine question and said no.

We were given a notice to vacate a week and a half before my due date from a little 2 bedroom place. We were given bs reasons for moving so I did wonder if that was why..... We had planned to move in about 6-12 months though but we didn't mind a small place with a baby and 3 year old.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub