+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 293
  1. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,480
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked
    2,105
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default pets and renting

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I think owning a home is very important and it should be a priority. Our properties will ensure financial security for our children and that is what is important to us. It's also nice to be in your own home and know your secure and you can do what you like without restrictions you have when renting.
    It's important to you. It's not important to everyone.

    Some people would rather rent than pay a mortgage while their children are young so they can stay home and spend quality time with them. Some people like to travel overseas a lot to see family. Everyone has a different priority.

    A home is not made of bricks and mortar. It's made of people, families. Whether its rented or not, it's not everyone's priority to own a home or a real estate portfolio. Some people also, simply can't afford it.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (08-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (08-01-2013),Purple Lily  (08-01-2013),SoThisIsLove  (08-01-2013)

  3. #172
    London's Avatar
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    11,392
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    A home is not made of bricks and mortar. It's made of people, families.
    And pets.......hidden or out and proud

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

    peanutmonkey  (08-01-2013),twotrunks  (08-01-2013)

  5. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    26,930
    Thanks
    2,736
    Thanked
    6,743
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Owning a home doesn't guarantee squat.

    I know quite a few elderly who have resorted to selling their properties because WITH them they cannot get the pension and thus cannot survive.

    Some people find owning a property to be a top priority, but there are plenty who do not and who have lived well enough without having ever owned a home. I am looking forward to purchasing a house with my partner because it's a priority for HIM and once we do, then he'll start considering other things (like babies/pets)... but just because owning a house is a priority for some doesn't mean it SHOULD be a priority for everyone... nor does it mean that it's a possibility for many people.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

    SoThisIsLove  (08-01-2013)

  7. #174
    SpecialPatrolGroup's Avatar
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the messy house, Brisbane
    Posts
    9,481
    Thanks
    2,180
    Thanked
    5,405
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    So pretty much it seems that a landlord can say yes to pets, then pets will be allowed.

    Landlords can say No Pets but the tenants will just hide them on the property anyway...

    So really there shouldn't even be an option to have or not have pets

    Yeah you might be helping the landlord pay his/her mortgage.
    But they still pay rates, fix things on the property, replace hot water systems, fix lights etc, water access charges, pay house insurance, Pay real-estate fees, our landlords are about to get all the window locks changed, security bars etc fitted to the front of the house to comply with new security regulations for rentals in our area, they pay for any emergencies ie; electrical faults.
    There are many extra fees for owning a home than what you pay in rent, if you rent and your "Already paying someone's else mortgage!" Then why not buy a house yourself?
    I sure know I can afford a mortgage but I sure as hell can't afford the other costs right now!
    You might pay rent yes, but that doesn't mean the owners are paying nothing for the house you reside in.
    Respect it.
    Of course the property should be treated with respect, but you make it sound as if the landlords *provide* these properties for benevolent purposes. When it all comes down to it, they own rental properties to feather their own nest, otherwise they would not be doing it.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

    HarvestMoon  (08-01-2013)

  9. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,480
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked
    2,105
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default pets and renting

    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Owning a home doesn't guarantee squat.

    I know quite a few elderly who have resorted to selling their properties because WITH them they cannot get the pension and thus cannot survive.

    Some people find owning a property to be a top priority, but there are plenty who do not and who have lived well enough without having ever owned a home. I am looking forward to purchasing a house with my partner because it's a priority for HIM and once we do, then he'll start considering other things (like babies/pets)... but just because owning a house is a priority for some doesn't mean it SHOULD be a priority for everyone... nor does it mean that it's a possibility for many people.
    I agree. My mums house in on a street high up that overlooks a hill of McMansions on the fringe of the suburb that went up about 5-8 years ago. A lot of people have remarked over the years it's like looking into a dead zone. You never, ever see anyone out the front playing with their kids, walking the dog, riding their bikes. All massive huge houses. It's like no one lives there except for all the expensive cars driving up.

    Owning a home is great to be settled and to be paying off a property that you will own but its not a must have for every family to have a happy life. For some, there are many more important things that only material possessions.
    Last edited by Clementine Grace; 08-01-2013 at 15:48.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    SoThisIsLove  (08-01-2013)

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13,067
    Thanks
    9,846
    Thanked
    12,959
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default pets and renting

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    When it all comes down to it, they own rental properties to feather their own nest, otherwise they would not be doing it.
    Not always. Sometimes people have to rent out their 'homes' because they temporarily have to move away for work. And sometimes rental income doesn't always cover the mortgage. So it's done at a financial loss.

    It's these types of landlords I really feel sorry for when a tenant trashes their home of leaves them with damage from an unauthorised pet.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,480
    Thanks
    1,026
    Thanked
    2,105
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default pets and renting

    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Not always. Sometimes people have to rent out their 'homes' because they temporarily have to move away for work. And sometimes rental income doesn't always cover the mortgage. So it's done at a financial loss.

    It's these types of landlords I really feel sorry for when a tenant trashes their home of leaves them with damage from an unauthorised pet.
    I feel sorry for those people too, but people who trash rental properties will do it whether they have an unauthorised pet or not. There are lots of ways people wreck rental properties, without having a pet.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

    Stiflers Mom  (08-01-2013)

  14. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,656
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked
    1,191
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Owning a home doesn't guarantee squat.

    I know quite a few elderly who have resorted to selling their properties because WITH them they cannot get the pension and thus cannot survive.

    Some people find owning a property to be a top priority, but there are plenty who do not and who have lived well enough without having ever owned a home. I am looking forward to purchasing a house with my partner because it's a priority for HIM and once we do, then he'll start considering other things (like babies/pets)... but just because owning a house is a priority for some doesn't mean it SHOULD be a priority for everyone... nor does it mean that it's a possibility for many people.
    Which is why you need to ensure you have adequate super these days

  15. #179
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,656
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked
    1,191
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    It's important to you. It's not important to everyone.

    Some people would rather rent than pay a mortgage while their children are young so they can stay home and spend quality time with them. Some people like to travel overseas a lot to see family. Everyone has a different priority.

    A home is not made of bricks and mortar. It's made of people, families. Whether its rented or not, it's not everyone's priority to own a home or a real estate portfolio. Some people also, simply can't afford it.
    What has staying at home with kids got to do with renting over having a mortgage? If one can afford to pay rent then surely they can afford to start somewhere by buying a home. Whether they have kids or not is irrelevant.

  16. #180
    London's Avatar
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    11,392
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    What has staying at home with kids got to do with renting over having a mortgage? If one can afford to pay rent then surely they can afford to start somewhere by buying a home. Whether they have kids or not is irrelevant.
    Im sorry Kimberlygal, I dont mean to be offensive but you dont seem to have any idea. To assume any renter can afford to buy really is misinformed and misguided..and well, wrong. Its fine that that is your opinion or thought, but plenty of us renters are here to tell you that it is simply not correct.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (08-01-2013),soon2bmumzy  (08-01-2013),~ElectricPink~  (08-01-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. for those renting with pets...
    By Emi in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 19-06-2012, 18:31
  2. Your Pets
    By Love Britt in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 16-05-2012, 09:41
  3. Zhu Zhu Pets
    By MissPoss in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-04-2012, 02:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Cryosite Family Cord Blood & Tissue Bank
Cryosite has been providing Cord Blood Banking services for over 14 years, and is the trusted choice of Australian families. To discuss the benefits of banking your baby's cord blood & tissue stem cells call us on 1800 220 410.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!