+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well it sounds like you have the perfect pussy. .
    *giggle*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well it sounds like you have the perfect pussy. I, on the other hand have cats and have seen first hand the damage they can do.

Good luck at centrelink.
    If he did cause any damage, I wouldn't have kept him in a rental. I wouldnt have a perfect rental record otherwise. Am well aware cats do damage and that some people just don't care what damage they do to property.

I'll see how many rules I can break to see what money I can scam.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    The whole 'you are renting someone else's home' thing doesn't sit well with me I'm afraid. I am renting someone's house as a business transaction. Once you rent out a house you need to take the emotion out of it as its no longer your 'home' its your business.
    I think both tenants and landlords deserve more rights actually. The contract for renting needs to be more extensive and more tailored to individual agreements.
    What the! How can it not sit well with you?? You are renting. You don't own the house you are living in. It's not your property. It doesn't get much simpler than that. A rental property may be a business but it is still the landlords hard earned property they have worked their a*** off to get in the first place... not yours

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

I haven't read the whole thread, but from what I've read I'm a bit shocked at the attitudes towards people renting. I've rented and owned property's and yes the house and land belongs to the owner, but tenants aren't second class citizens! They are paying you rent. You are not doing them a favour by letting them live there!

I'm not condoning lying or breaking rules, but renters have families and lives that sometimes include pets too they shouldn't have to go without especially if they have proven to be good tenants.

Just my opinion!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to little_foot For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (07-01-2013),jez  (06-01-2013),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (06-01-2013),missymoo9  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    What the! How can it not sit well with you?? You are renting. You don't own the house you are living in. It's not your property. It doesn't get much simpler than that. A rental property may be a business but it is still the landlords hard earned property they have worked their a*** off to get in the first place... not yours
    I must say, once you choose to lease YOUR property to somebody else and they pay you, the property is legally in their possession. It is as simple as that. Yes the lease terms should be adhered to, but the tenant has every right to enjoy the property they have paid for as well, not live like they are intruding on someone else's home.

I think there are some thoughts coming from both sides of this argument that are unnecessarily aggressive.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rlpreston For This Useful Post:

jez  (06-01-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (06-01-2013),mamamel89  (07-01-2013),shelle65  (07-01-2013),Shoopuf  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but from what I've read I'm a bit shocked at the attitudes towards people renting. I've rented and owned property's and yes the house and land belongs to the owner, but tenants aren't second class citizens! They are paying you rent. You are not doing them a favour by letting them live there!

I'm not condoning lying or breaking rules, but renters have families and lives that sometimes include pets too they shouldn't have to go without especially if they have proven to be good tenants.

Just my opinion!
    Well said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    The whole 'you are renting someone else's home' thing doesn't sit well with me I'm afraid. I am renting someone's house as a business transaction. Once you rent out a house you need to take the emotion out of it as its no longer your 'home' its your business.
    I think both tenants and landlords deserve more rights actually. The contract for renting needs to be more extensive and more tailored to individual agreements.
    Lol.. The argument for their right to have a dog living in a house that stipulates 'no pets' is mostly emotional.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Lol.. The argument for their right to have a dog living in a house that stipulates 'no pets' is mostly emotional.
    I dont think anyone has said its their 'right' to, have they?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post

Just my opinion!
    ^^^
    This.

I'm actually in disbelief at some of the stuff coming out from some people about renters.

I rent and my DH & I have been great tenants.
    However, it seems that if I were to play 'hide the kitty' (which I don't), it means that I would also be morally bankrupt and commit centre link fraud? I am also, apparently, unable to budget as I should be a home owner by now?
    That is pretty insulting.

No offense, but landlords are far from perfect...

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sabelle For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-01-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (06-01-2013),peanutmonkey  (07-01-2013),shelle65  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Sabelle View Post
    No offense, but landlords are far from perfect...
    My old land lord was that broke she could never afford to fix anything if it broke. So I guess the theory of home owner = good with money goes out the window!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub