Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default pets and renting

Glad I could make you laugh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I'm going to go down to centrelink with my cat, to see what I can scam.
    I'm going to wet myself!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Plan2bamummy View Post
    Sorry should clarify, ( after re reading see how that's misconstrued) I mean alot of people ( not aimed at anyone on here) want the huge 4 bed, 2 bath designer kitchen etc house and obviously this is very expensive. What I meant was you need to start from small and work your way up if budget is limited.
    Your explanation above does clarify part of your original post. However you also need to appreciate that there are many reasons why people can't own their own home - not just wanting the big McMansion straight up.

Some people just simply can't afford to save a deposit on top of renting, or bad credit, self employed etc The banks make it very hard these days to obtain credit, regardless of if you are only trying to buy a very small unit.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (06-01-2013),SoThisIsLove  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: pets and renting

Some people also have different priorities. I don't complain about renting, despite horrible property managers in the past, I am quite happy renting for now, havingy babies whilst I am relatively young and staying home with them is my families priority. Just because owning a home is a priority for some doesn't mean it is for all and that's perfectly ok

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Some people also have different priorities. I don't complain about renting, despite horrible property managers in the past, I am quite happy renting for now, havingy babies whilst I am relatively young and staying home with them is my families priority. Just because owning a home is a priority for some doesn't mean it is for all and that's perfectly ok

Of course it is. But that doesn't mean its perfectly ok for a tennant to knowingly break the rules just because they feel entitled to. If your situation is to not put a priority on home ownership then thats absolutely fine. But you need to accept that renting comes with some downsides, such as not always being able to have a pet.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (07-01-2013),wannawannabe  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

We have cats and have never had to lie about them. I wouldn't lie anyway.. Lying is not my thing, regardless what it's for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Of course it is. But that doesn't mean its perfectly ok for a tennant to knowingly break the rules just because they feel entitled to. If your situation is to not put a priority on home ownership then thats absolutely fine. But you need to accept that renting comes with some downsides, such as not always being able to have a pet.
    I agree, I wasn't responding to the OP, I wad responding to the poster saying that people need to get their priorities right etc. As I posted previously in this thread, my pets are on my lease and are 100% approved.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

WineTime  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Hardly... lying to centerlink can land you in prison not a risk a sane person would take. I don't think that its a minor thing. You are comparing criminal activity to hiding a cat.
    There is just no logic in that for me.
    Well perhaps that wasn't the best example let me make it simple for you:

Flout one small rule, flout many small rules. Flout one big rule flout other big rules.

I hope that clarifies things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I've kept a cat in secret (never did any damage and the house was kept spotless, perfect rental record) but now you've given me some ideas. I've never received any centrelink payments in my life but might head down next week and see if I can scam some money.
    Well it sounds like you have the perfect pussy. I, on the other hand have cats and have seen first hand the damage they can do.

Good luck at centrelink.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default pets and renting

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well perhaps that wasn't the best example let me make it simple for you:

Flout one small rule, flout many small rules. Flout one big rule flout other big rules.

I hope that clarifies things.
    You don't need to simplify it, we got it the first time.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post: