+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Formula or breastfeeding?

I HATE it when people ask me if I am BF'ing!! Why do you care? The checkout woman asked me when bub was 3 weeks old!

No I'm not! Shall I list all the reasons why??

I so wish I was brave enough to reply back along the lines of, what bra size are you, when did you last have sex, do you beat your children?

I don't see why strangers think its perfectly ok to ask questions about my boobs and how I feed my child!

Ok rant over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I HATE it when people ask me if I am BF'ing!! Why do you care? The checkout woman asked me when bub was 3 weeks old!

No I'm not! Shall I list all the reasons why??

I so wish I was brave enough to reply back along the lines of, what bra size are you, when did you last have sex, do you beat your children?

I don't see why strangers think its perfectly ok to ask questions about my boobs and how I feed my child!

Ok rant over
    Completely agree! I am always a bit taken aback when someone asks me that question.

Thanks
    Reviews

In fact next time I'm going to reply "no - it's gets in the way of my crack habit"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't believe there are ANY cons to attempting breastfeeding.

If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, we are very very lucky to have quality formulas available to give our bubs the best start to life.

But formula is just that, a back up plan. If you can breastfeed, why not! It's free but yes, if for some reason it is hard for you (it was very hard for me, but I chose to persevere, not because I felt pressured and had to, but because I wanted to) it can be better and less stressful to mum and bub to make the switch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Since bubs was around 2 weeks old and learnt to latch properly we haven't had a single issue. Don't believe the horror stories! I find it a terrible PITA to clean and sterilize the pump and bottles, I couldn't imagine doing it constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not everyone has physical horror stories about BFing. Physically i found it the easier option. I was one of the lucky ones and never had cracked nipples, thrush, pain or anything so you dont have anything to lose by trying, those things don't happen to everyone. HOWEVER my children did have allergies and I had to cut a lot of things out of my diet which made me feel physically unwell and also the stress of allergic reactions my babies experienced if I accidently ate something i shouldn't severely affected my mental health. I will NEVER forgive the "holier than thou" attitudes and the unkind and judgmental attitudes of the extreme pro BFing women on this site and in real life. I loved BFing my babies and managed to perservere for 11 months with my 1st and 6 months with my 2nd, however, once i started to have problems with food allergies it felt like NONE of these women listened or cared about my child or my well being... I am still so angry over their attitudes that if I do have another child I feel like FFing just to stick it up their self righteous noses (I wouldn't, but u get how cranky they made me).
    I hope you do try BFing as it really is the most ideal, however if you decide otherwise, DON'T ever let yourself be sucked into feeling guilty by anyone else. Nobody knows your journey, body, mind, baby like you do. YOU know what is best for you!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Izy  (07-01-2013),Mom2TwoDSs  (07-01-2013),youmake3  (07-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyfreeDiva View Post
    Not everyone has physical horror stories about BFing. Physically i found it the easier option. I was one of the lucky ones and never had cracked nipples, thrush, pain or anything so you dont have anything to lose by trying, those things don't happen to everyone. HOWEVER my children did have allergies and I had to cut a lot of things out of my diet which made me feel physically unwell and also the stress of allergic reactions my babies experienced if I accidently ate something i shouldn't severely affected my mental health. I will NEVER forgive the "holier than thou" attitudes and the unkind and judgmental attitudes of the extreme pro BFing women on this site and in real life. I loved BFing my babies and managed to perservere for 11 months with my 1st and 6 months with my 2nd, however, once i started to have problems with food allergies it felt like NONE of these women listened or cared about my child or my well being... I am still so angry over their attitudes that if I do have another child I feel like FFing just to stick it up their self righteous noses (I wouldn't, but u get how cranky they made me).
    I hope you do try BFing as it really is the most ideal, however if you decide otherwise, DON'T ever let yourself be sucked into feeling guilty by anyone else. Nobody knows your journey, body, mind, baby like you do. YOU know what is best for you!
    You poor thing. I have enough trouble finding the time to eat through out the day without having to stop and think what I can and can't eat. You did a wonderful job persevering for so long. As you said though the most important thing is yours and bubs health so if formula feeding is what works the best for you both I'm all for it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    In fact next time I'm going to reply "no - it's gets in the way of my crack habit"
    Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Formula or breastfeeding?

Oh, and the dentist may find it interesting as beatnik helps preserve teeth, formula helps break them down

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Cinderella82; 11-09-2013 at 14:35.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinderella82 For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (08-01-2013)