+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Motivation

How do you get yourself motivated to workout? I was doing so well untill about a month ago I was working out every couple of nights and eating really well now I havnt worked out for a month and iv lost my appetite and feel like crap! Weight is slowly going down.

How do you make yourself workout when you really cannot be bothered??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Motivation

I've been on a big weight loss journey for 2 years now and I'm just down to the last few Kgs.
    (I know this is a weight gain thread)
    But I still have to get motivation.
    It's hard to break out of it, to gain the will power to start back at your routine.

Do you go to a gym?
    If so the night before I put all my clothes out ready for the gym, I wake up, I get dressed and once I'm in the car on the way to the gym then that's it for me, I'm on my way there and theres no turning back!
    If I go in the afternoons I will at least dress in my gym clothes so that when Dh gets home from work I can go.

My husband is trying to put weight on, he has medical issues that effect weight gain so for him he has to have someone to go to the gym with, otherwise he won't go, he needs that support to get him back on track.

It's just finding a way to get that self discipline back.
    I find after a week I'm back into my routine.

I was doing work outs from home for a while.. For me personally it failed and I needed the gym to know once I was out the door I was one step closer to getting to the gym.

It's hard after breaks, especially at this time of year, but you just have to push yourself straight back into it sometimes.

Best of luck
    I hope everything gets back on track for you soon
    Last edited by Lumi; 05-01-2013 at 21:37.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Motivation

Discipline motivation will come and go. Don't wait for it. One of my fave quotes is from Michelle Bridges. She talks about how even she can't be bothered working out sometimes but she just does it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Motivation

I workout at home at night after the kids are in bed! DP has just started FIFO work 2 on 2 off so for 2 weeks I have to wait until dd2 finally falls asleep. Tonight it wasn't until 9.30 (from 8.00). I would go to the gym but I won't even let dp watch me workout so the thought of strangers watching me work out makes me uncomfortable haha.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Motivation

Woohoo, I did a workout!! Well I did 2 20 minute weight training ones then k was half way through Pilates nd crumbled! Pilates is so damn hard. It sure works ya!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the key is to find an exercise that you genuinely enjoy.

When I was at uni I never exercised because I hated the exercise that I had tried (going for powerwalks and jogging like my mum, school sports, and going to the gym and using the machines).

Then one day I tried a group fitness class at the gym and I loved it! I have also found that I absolutely love reformer pilates.

Because I enjoy it so much I look forward to gym nights, so I never have to 'motivate' myself to go. It is my 'me time' and I feel so good when I'm there, it's sometimes the highlight of my day.

You have to try lots of different sports and exercises and find one that you love. Try everything - yoga, pilates, running, swimming, personal training, anything, til you find one that you really like.