+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Pregnant and breastfeeding

Hi ladies,

I am breastfeeding my 13 month old son and have just found out that I am expecting bubba number two. Just wondering if any Mums who have breastfeed through pregnancy have any tips for me? I know that it might start to hurt, and that my supply may drop, and DS may self wean.

What I'm really curious about is - will my boobs get even bigger? Not sure I'm ready for that!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant and breastfeeding

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and still bf'ing 2 yr old DS. So far he hasn't even slightly gone off it and my boobs haven't gotten bigger. It did hurt for a couple of weeks early on, but not now. I'm not planning on stopping unless DS wants to.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to susanne For This Useful Post:

Hamilicious  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Pregnant and breastfeeding

Congratulations! I found out I was pregnant the day after DS1 turned 1. I was 6 weeks exactly. I tried to keep bfing but the morning sickness won and I couldn't keep going. I had very severe morning sickness...to the point I couldn't get through a feed without throwing up :-(

Otherwise DS1 would have been happy to keep going so I'm sure you'll be fine. I hate to tell you, though, my boobs did keep getting bigger though!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat21 For This Useful Post:

Hamilicious  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i just finished feeding my 32month old, after feeding my 11 month old (21 month gap). DD fed all through pregnancy except for 1 day. At the start she was still having around 10 feeds a day. She night weaned at 15 months (approx 3 months pg), which was lovely for me, and cut down to 2-3 feeds by the end of the pregnancy.

i actually breastfed her and then read her a story at the begining of my labour of #2. She got quite keen again when my milk came in after baby, but i made the decision to keep to the 2-3 feeds (after a few days of indulgence).

I am really glad that i was able to continue feeding through pregnancy, and after. i think it helped my #1 through the adjustment of #2's arrival.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbles10 For This Useful Post:

Hamilicious  (06-01-2013)