+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looks like IVF is my only option....

I was told today that this is the only way to get another baby.

I already have one little girl (3yo) conceived naturally.
    I have an amh level <1 and I am only 29.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might happen next? Because I have virtually no eggs does it mean I will have a more complex/intrusive journey to become pregnant? My ob seems to think clomid wont really help in my case but he has referred me to Dr Esler which I have heard great things about.

I have no idea where to start in this new journey :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

I had an amh of 4 and I was 37 I did the normal round of drugs called an antagonist cycle which went for 11 days and ended up having 8 eggs retrieved. 6 survived to day 6 but only one was good enough quality to be implanted and he is now 5 months old and fast asleep in my room.. Ivf seems scary but it's not to bad at all and certainly worth it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Siesmum I'm so sorry you have to start the IVF journey. I'm unsure about Amh but I would recommend researching and asking loads of questions when you have your 1st appt. ask what tests will be done what medication you will have to take. Even look at more the one FS. Different drs will ave different opinions and you need to find a FS you are comfortable with. I'm with QFG in brissy and love them. Good luck with your journey

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry to hear, it's always a shock to learn your only option is IVF. I'm 29 too, no kids at all but we've been trying for a couple of years. Our problem is DH abnormal sperm morphology & I've got mild endo & mild PCO
    We are about to start our second cycle of IVF.
    I'm a needle phobe & I surprisingly coped it sounds scary but it becomes something you just need to do, keep your eye on the prize.
    Here if you ever need to chat - plenty of forums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Siesmum, it's difficult to hear the words that IVF is your only option. The good news with low AMH is that low egg numbers does not mean low quality embryos. So you may only get a few eggs per cycle, but you would hope they are good quality given your age.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your replies ladies, it's so nice knowing there are others out there that understand all the emotions I am going through at the moment.

I am going to ring the dr today to make my appointment.
    We are going overseas in may for three weeks so I am just keeping myself busy planning that at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siesmum.. I remember the day I was told we would need IVF. I was with my mum in david jones about to get lunch and what the FS had just told me hit me really hard. I cried. In the middle of David Jones. I hardly ate anything. I cried on the phone to my husband- We had no idea that we were going to be told that and he wasn't able to get out of work that day, so my mum was with me when I was told. So telling my husband was awful.. Its really hard news to hear. Cry as much as you need. We are both only 25 and its just not news you think you will ever hear when you are young.

I just wanted to tell you that its totally normal to be upset. And just make sure you have a dr who is willing to talk through all your questions and makes you feel really comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks beanie :-) I was actually in woolies on my own yesterday just putting peaches in a bag and I just had this strong urge to start sobbing but managed to stop myself.