+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    honestly i've been on her side of this situation before- finding out DH lied to me about something from someone else. I called him out on it but i thanked the person who told me for their honesty and when they were worried it was wrong they told me i told them not to worry coz they did the right thing. I would have hated to have been lied to by the other person.

Don't feel guilty, if he was stupid enough to lie to her about it and then take her to your place where it could quite possibly have been brought up then he's an idiot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You can't really expect other people to continue your lies for you... especially when they don't even know there was a lie they were supposed to be keeping!

He's probably just stroppy she's now going to be cranky with him. It's probably not about you, more about the situation he's now gotten himself into.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pffft... Even if he'd said "Don't say anything" I still wouldn't have kept the lie for him! I'd say something along the lines of "That's a conversation you need to have with your BF" or something.
    Sorry, but I have some integrity and I don't lie for people.

Not to mention the fact that I'm sorry but you just plain didn't know that he was lying to his GF, what are you... Psychic? He's an A grade a$$hat. I wouldn't even begin to worry about it as you've done nothing wrong in the slightest!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did I do the wrong thing?

Thanks ladies, I actually did have a sneaky suspicion(?) that he was living to her. Just an inkling. And I did want to tell her but not quite that way. And as I said its not the first gf he has lied to like this. I have no guilt anymore, have a lovely Saturday night ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's not a huge lie anyway. If they end the relationship over him drinking with his mates and fibbing about it, their relationship wasn't terribly strong to begin with.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He sounds like a bit of an idiot to be honest..... you take your gf to your friends house that you drink at every day after work.... and you haven't told your gf this? What an idiot. He didn't think that it might somehow come up in conversation as all the other guests there are part of it too? *shakes head* seriously- idiot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with the other posts, not your lie not your problem.

Try not to feel bad about the new foursome going out together without you two, just sit back and wait for them to implode and you'll have your original friends back. These things will happen naturally without any interference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like that fella is playing the victim, he knows he has lied but now wants to put the blame on someone else (you). I'd tell him where to go!