+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did I do the wrong thing?

We had friends over for new year for a BBQ. Whilst the boys were in the shed looking at their remote control cars the ladies sat outside watching children. In the pool (older children 7 yrs +). Conversation started amongst the girls and not long into the convo, another wife questioned wether the boys had started drinking. I said yeah, probably, as normal cause they hangout after work most days and have a beer. This wife knows they do this, but one of the other g/Fs (who I had meet twice before in social outings not in relaxed home setting tho) questioned that they did it every day. I said yes, but it's no big issue for me as its not excessive and it's his relax time. Everyone is usually gone by 7pm and that's when we have dinner etc.
    She said. I knew he was lieing to me, he finishes at 4 but is never home till 7 and tells me he is working late. Whilst boys start cooking BBQ, she informs him that she knows he been lieing about finishing work late. etc. Privately.
    Friend tells dp that I told gf and that what was my problem? Like i knew he didnt tell her, My dp said go ask her ur self I know nothing. He didn't ask me, and they left.
    I feel guilty that I may have caused an argument on nye? But not for telling her as he's the one lieing to her and I believe honesty is best. Am I wrong tho? But how am I supposed to chat to her if I dont know what he tells her?

Does that all make sense? I hope so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You didn't do anything wrong, he's a d1ck! It's not your job to lie for him.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Eko  (05-01-2013),ermergerd  (05-01-2013),FindMyLunch  (05-01-2013),LoveLivesHere  (05-01-2013),Mod-xkwzit  (05-01-2013),TiffanyBlue  (07-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How were you to know? The guys fault for lying about. Let your partner and he can pass the message along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Did I do the wrong thing?

Its not your fault that he lies to her. He was bound to be found out eventually so don't sweat it.
    I would still talk to her and be mysef. She may question you about other things but he is not your responsibility so I would just tell the truth.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So his dishonesty is your problem? I think not. If you didn't know it was a big secret, how did you know to keep said secret. Not your fault, they clearly have other relationship issues around why he feels the need to lie to her.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Mod-xkwzit  (05-01-2013),PurpleButterfly4  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

If no one said 'oh btw don't tell so and so's gf that he is here drinking every afternoon' how were you to know?! even so I wouldn't lie if asked about something like that (maybe id be a bit vague, or tell her to ask him)

Not your problem, you have done nothing wrong, if he is lying to her that's his issue to deal with, it's unfortunate but the messenger is always going to get shot! In my experience of course! I hope it doesn't damage the relationship...

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think you did the wrong thing, how were you to know he hasn't been honest with her about what time he finishes work and where he goes afterwards. He's probably just annoyed that she found out.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

How could you have done the wrong thing if you didn't know he was lying. I would've done the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Sounds like he is looking for somebody to blame for being caught out in a lie. In the end he lied and you werent to know. I dont think you did anything wrong

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermy View Post
    You didn't do anything wrong, he's a d1ck! It's not your job to lie for him.
    this