+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Religious door knockers

Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    I hate sales people and charities, I don't have an hour to say I'm not giving you my money
    Me too! Then I feel bad because I'm not donating to a charity!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't like any doorknockers, religious or not. It's my home, my sanctuary. When people knock on the door it means I have to put pants on. So annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't like anyone who knocks on my door uninvited LOL! I like to make sure everything is clean and I look okay first (yes I'm strange!)

Thanks
    Reviews

I have an electric gate with no pedestrian entry - no pesky door knockers here, they can't get in! 😊

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I don't like any doorknockers, religious or not. It's my home, my sanctuary. When people knock on the door it means I have to put pants on. So annoying.
    Haha, this! Whether it's knocking on my door or calling on the phone, I despise all unsolicited contact. If I'm not run off my feet then I'm enjoying a rare rest, and neither time-slot is open to salespeople, whether they're peddling Foxtel, god or cancer cures.

While I'm at it, may I rant about charities and religious organisations being exempt from the Do Not Call list? Grinds my gears.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Every time I answer the door to them I just politely take a magazine and say thank you. They have never persisted beyond that with me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Religious door knockers

My brother loves them. Whoever they are he invites them onto his balcony offers them a drink, pulls out a bunch of religious texts to cross reference the inaccuracies of whatever they are preaching. He keeps them there until they are making excuses like "we'll come back later"

But they never do. Lol.

He's not doing it to be a dock though. He's genuinely just really is passionate about religion as a topic and door knockers are really the only people who'll stay for an hour or so and give a good back and forth discussion before they quit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (06-01-2013),Izy  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't mind the religious door knockers in my area. I politely say 'I'm not interested' and they say 'no worries, have a nice day' and leave straight away. I can respect that door knocking is part of their beliefs if they respect my right to not be interested. If they are pushy, then I have a problem.
    Electricity companies and the like are the ones that really annoy me.

I would prefer to have no door knockers at all though, nothing worse than having the doorbell ring when you are in your pyjamas, hair unbrushed and kids screaming (making it obvious you are home). Even ignoring the door is still an interruption I don't care for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neekie View Post
    I get really mad. I be polite to them but I hate it when someone asks me
    "are you happy?" or "what about your child's soul?" wtf!
    Get away from my door!
    It's beyond rude to intrude on someone's time by throwing religion in their face. If I wanted to hear it I know where to go, I don't need it at my door.

No offense to any one at all.
    I had some JW's say to me one day "you are going to die, wouldn't you like to live forever?".
    I told them no, I think that would get kinda boring.
    While they stood there dumbfounded on what to say next, I shut the door.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-01-2013),Stiflers Mom  (08-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I hide lol
    I actually find the concept of religious doorknockers offensive, I know they see it as their calling but there is no way in heck I would start bothering my neighbours to 'share' my beliefs. I find it very intrusive and far too pushy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (06-01-2013)