+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think all door knocking should be illegal. It's invasive and I usually get scared when strange men are at my door, I'm alone, and they're asking for a chat or to come in.
    I hate telemarketers even worse, but at least I can just hang up on them.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Religious door knockers

I make it clear that I'm not interested (how I do that depends on how I feel on the day) and usually spend 10 minutes discussing certain points - I have just enough knowledge of the Bible to make a good short debate. (After 10 minutes I'm in over my head!)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I think someone coming around to sell me their religion is beyond rude. It's arrogant, selfish, ignorant and annoying.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I get really mad. I be polite to them but I hate it when someone asks me
    "are you happy?" or "what about your child's soul?" wtf!
    Get away from my door!
    It's beyond rude to intrude on someone's time by throwing religion in their face. If I wanted to hear it I know where to go, I don't need it at my door.

No offense to any one at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Harliben For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Whilst I don't like it, I have found other types of sales people a lot more pushy. The religious door knockers around here normally just leave a magazine and then head away. Other sales people won't take no for an answer.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I don't care that they do it but when I see them taking their kids or very elderly around with them on a very hot day, that is when I get my back up.
    I either ignore them, if I'm by myself, or I let them know I already have my own belief and say see ya later, and close door.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Religious door knockers

I just tell them I wouldnt try to change their religious beliefs so I would prefer if they left me and mine alone. I think some of them can be so rude and intrusive and very pushy

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310b using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

My DH says I'm the only one he knows who invites them
    In and after 20 mins they can't wait to leave!

I had 2 really nice young Mormons door knock us about 5 years ago and They were American so I asked them in and they literally got 2 words in as I was asking them all the questions! I found out they were 18 and 20 and were from Utah in the states and its the Mormon way that every one has to go and preach overseas for a year after they turn 18, it was fascinating talking to them, they really believed they were working for G-d and the bible ( In Mark i think) tells them to go and spread the word and were really nice guys, I asked them how many people slammed the door in their face and he said almost all, one man threw a newspaper at him, a few threatened them but they just kept on going as it was their duty, they can't drink or smoke or use/take anything that could become addictive and they can't date or have girlfriends without a chaperone - the church pays for their flights and has a bording house in the city where they stay - DH was embarrassed I was asking them too many personal questions but I was really interested! In the end they said they had to go and couldn't get out the door quick enough!

I did tell them in the beginning I was Jewish and had no intention of ever believing Jesus was the son of G-d so I think that did throw them a bit and probably was the the reason they didn't try to convert me!

My friend had them door knock last year and she said no thanks I'm Jewish ( remembering my story) and they said no problem and walked away - so maybe try that next time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    I have a sticker next to my doorbell that says no door knockers or religious callers please.
    does this stop everyone?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I did tell them in the beginning I was Jewish and had no intention of ever believing Jesus was the son of G-d so I think that did throw them a bit and probably was the the reason they didn't try to convert me!

My friend had them door knock last year and she said no thanks I'm Jewish ( remembering my story) and they said no problem and walked away - so maybe try that next time!
    I've said to religious door knockers on more than one occasion that I'm atheist/this is an atheist household but then they try even harder to 'save' me.