+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flying interstate

I'm currently contemplating booking a mini break interstate for 4-5 nights. Ill be 33-34 weeks by then. Is this too late? I know to check the airlines first but hubby is freaking out i could come into labour when we r away.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm thinking about the same too but I'm only 28 weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been wondering the same thing. We have a wedding interstate that will be the month before I am due, wondering if I will make it or not. I know on Virgin's website they have limits on how far into your pregnancy you are and the length of the flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by march2013 View Post
    I'm currently contemplating booking a mini break interstate for 4-5 nights. Ill be 33-34 weeks by then. Is this too late? I know to check the airlines first but hubby is freaking out i could come into labour when we r away.
    Should be fine, I think its 36-38 weeks cut off anyway. Just make sure you get a letter from your doctor/midwife saying that that your x weeks pregnant and fit to fly. Take your pregnancy health record with you as well

Do you have a history of pre-term labour? Will there be a hospital where you are going? Unlikely that you would go into labour, just because you'll be interstate doesn't mean your uterus does anything silly. Worst comes to worst if you went into labour, you'd just go to the closet hospital, have the baby and they'd transfer you back to your home hospital once you were both stable

Thanks
    Reviews

If you're flying domestically it's usually from 35weeks they say not to fly.
    You can get a letter from your GP to say you're fit to travel

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm going interstate for my sisters wedding at 35 weeks. I've researched the closest hospital and have cut my trip sort for my peace of mind.

I also have to accept it will need to be public if anything happens (I'm booked private at home).

Just also be aware you can't get travel insurance past 30 weeks from my research.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I flew when I was 33 weeks and then back at 34 weeks you just need a letter from your midwife/doctor saying your ok to fly!