+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default work cover - capacity form question

Hello again - So I made a previous post about when coming back from maternity leave my employer keeping on my maternity leaver cover and giving him preferable treatment / making them permanent employee whereas I was asked to change my job title to a lower title and delegated little to no work for the last 10 months.
    I recently had some situations take place since my last post heated conversations with management who says one thing over to phone and a different thing to HR. Things happened like management got my colleagues to comb my Facebook and pull up photos and ambiguous Facebook posts and give them to HR to "reprimand" me over and I'm about to receive a written warning over something not directed at my company or individuals - also getting the girl who took over my role to manage me / delegate me work and also i have people checking what time I come to work and leave. It's clear as day that they seriously want me gone since I've come back from having a baby but can't fire me because I have good performance reviews.

So instead of a happy new year I ended up with some kind of breakdown / frenzy and my DH took me to get checked out in hospital. Dr. evaluated gave me a work cover - capacity form and asked me to submit it to my employer stating I'm unfit for work due to anxiety disorder manifesting from my professional treatment returning from maternity leave last year. It's dated until late Jan.
    I sent it to work and got an email back from HR that it has been received but what happens now. I've seen that I haven't been paid my normal salary, is it unpaid leave? Definitely can't be without a salary until then as we have a mortgage to pay but apparently if I want to go back to work I need medical clearance. TIA.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

What exactly did the ema from HR say?

Do you have any accrued sick leave? If not it would be unpaid unless you have submitted a workcover claim and it has been accepted (which can take time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

What exactly did the email from HR say?

Do you have any accrued sick leave? If not it would be unpaid unless you have submitted a workcover claim and it has been accepted (which can take time).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I received an email from HR saying they had received the paperwork OK / they will be passing it onto their insurer within the 48 hour timeframe / & to let them know and to touch base when I'm back at work as I need to reschedule meeting with them / get well soon. I received an automated from Allianz Insurance today that they have accepted the claim but it was one of those "do not reply" emails. Sooo I'm not sure what I do now.. heh

Thanks
    Reviews

If the claim has been accepted then you should be receiving payment from them - it really depends what the claim was for.... Any more details?

Hope all is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews

Also, I would consider submitting a grievance about your treatment once you are feeling up to it. Does your company have a formal grievance policy?