+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone else out there over the holidays?

I have had 2 weeks off work while the kids are on school and daycare holidays. I can't wait to get back to work on Tuesday to get my sanity back. A whingey clingy toddler that has just cut his molars and a defiant nearly 5yr old.
    I honestly don't know how sahm's stay at home with the kids day in and day out without losing their mind. It definately isn't for me that's for sure. God I need the mental stimulation I get at work, I'm going mad!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

I do uni and I go insane through our holidays so I can't imagine how ill go once bubs is born as well. I go insane easy though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I'm hearing you! Add to the whingy (but gorgeous) toddler a hubbys who's on 6 weeks of leave and annoying the crap out of me!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 35 weeks pregnant with a 7, 5 and 2 year old. Daycare for the 2 year old went back this week, he goes 2 days, and I'm satisfied with this break.
    Once school goes back all the extra curricular activities start along with a new baby due the first day back at school. I'm actually going to cherish the next 4 weeks at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm hearing you! Add to the whingy (but gorgeous) toddler a hubbys who's on 6 weeks of leave and annoying the crap out of me!
    I wish my hubby was here, he is away at work. He gets back from work on Tuesday, I leave the kids with him and off I go to work then it's his turn at home with them for a week.

Thanks
    Reviews

When I stopped working and became a SAHM to a 3 year old it was a huge adjustment! But you get use to it. If you don't know anything else it just feels normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm the opp. Heading back to work after mat leave in 2 wks and I'm devastated. I like being at home!!!

Damn you mortgage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Anyone else out there over the holidays?

I've had my 2 home since the week before xmas and i feel like i'm about to lose it, especially after their revolting behaviour today while we were out.
    Thankfully vacation care starts Monday so i get rid of one a few days a week..woohoo! And only 4 more weeks til school goes back!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shhhsleeping View Post
    When I stopped working and became a SAHM to a 3 year old it was a huge adjustment! But you get use to it. If you don't know anything else it just feels normal.
    I agree with this - after a while I got used to being at home and, I guess, "good" at it. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I work part time now but I did find after a few months of being a SAHM I developed lots of tricks and ways of managing the kids. And also become good at switching off.

I'm just over my 2 eldest fighting all the time! With DD1 used to being at school all the time she gets bored easily at home and she and her sister either get along like a house on fire or are at each other's throats - there is no in between.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

I'm just over my 2 eldest fighting all the time! With DD1 used to being at school all the time she gets bored easily at home and she and her sister either get along like a house on fire or are at each other's throats - there is no in between.
    Argh, my two are very close in age to your eldest and the fighting! Doing my head in!