+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby shower games

So how many games did you have (or someone else have) at your baby shower? I am trying to pick games but have no idea how many I should pick? It will probably be about 3hrs or so?

Thanks!!!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The ones I can remember were..

- Guests had to cut a piece of string that they thought would fit around pregnant persons tummy.......was amazing how far off some people were This is one game that you have to make sure you wont be offended by extra long bits of string.

- Person was blindfolded and sitting infront of a bowl full of cotton buds and they had a table spoon in their mouth. Had to spoon as many cotton balls out and into another bowl in a certain amount of time. Was kind of cr@p but funny to see people thinking they have heaps when they had none. Cotton balls are obviously used because of their weightlessness.

- Good ol nappy poo game. Melted bars of chocolate on nappies and guests had to guess what chocolate bar was on each nappy.

I went to one that had this game where guests got a certain number of pegs at the beginning and then werent allowed to do a couple of things, like cross their legs/arm or say certain words. If you caught someone doing one of those things you took one of their pegs and at the end the person with the most pegs got something. Was a very strange game that really brought out the nasty side of some people. "YOU CROSSED YOUR LEGS, GIMMIE A PEG! *pulls a peg off you at lightning speed*"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had 3 games at my baby shower for about 3hrs a few puzzles, I made a personalised crossword with answers like what month baby will be born, baby's gender, surname etc.. Plus a few generic style Q & A. We also had the purse baby shower game which was lots of fun. I just went to a baby shower and the mother had it at her shower as she enjoyed it at mine.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

We had a few games. About 4

Here's some I've done at my party and some ones I've been too.

Guess the number of jelly babies in the bottle.

Bingo with baby items.

Pin the baby in the womb.

See how many pegs you can grab off the clothes line with one hand (pegs cannot be adjusted by tapping your hand on your body at all).

Guess the poop (melted chocolate bar).

Unscramble the baby related words.

You can search for games online and there's so many to choose from.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not a fan of the whole games thing so we had a onesie station set up with blank cheap onesies and singlets with fabric paint and material for guest to decorate and gave prizes for the best.
    I also had a cookie station with cookies that were shaped in baby themes like bottles, feet, onesies etc and had icing, sprinkles, smarties etc so people could decorate them and take them home or eat them.
    Plus a mocktail station to mix yummy ice teas and juices.
    It was great! Everyone was entertained and it was a bit more civilized and not embarrassing.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a game where you freeze jelly babies in ice cube trays and hand out the frozen ice cubes to your guests to suck on. The first one to give birth to your baby wins

Thanks
    Reviews

These games are great! Some I've never heard of before. Subbing.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks ladies! I like the sound of these games, some are even already on my list

I've found a fair few games that interest me, but not too sure how many to pick? Obviously I wouldn't pick all 10 for 3 hours, but not sure if 3 or 4 would be enough?