Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hope its something silly with the ex. I will tell you my story and hope it helps a bit.

So I got married a bit back. We went to a state that I had lived in before with my ex partner. So we are married we are happy life is good. I get pulled over and the cops take my ID etc then I hear my name and am told to step out of the car slowly and walk backwards with my hands up towards their car. Long story short I had a warrant that was 7 years old. I said for what they said DV I was shocked as I had never done DV in my life.

So anyway I go to jail I get bailed (had to spend a day in there due to the law if you get arrested for DV you have to stay in jail 24 hours) out then go to court on monday they asked why I had not shown up to court for my DV issue. I said I never knew I had to go to court and dont know anything about this. The judge then said well surly you knew you got arrested 7 years ago. I said no I had never been arrested, nor ever had the cops out to my house for anything. A few minutes later the lady on his side said there was no arrest there was no call from anyone at my place.

I was then told it was cleared up and left court. Just a huge misunderstanding and turned out to be nothing. So there may be hope

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

InNeedOfWisdom  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Partner in Custody.

I hope it's something like LMF's situation above. Thinking of you xxxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

InNeedOfWisdom  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

You are in my thoughts tonight I hope it's all just a major misunderstanding x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Hope its something silly with the ex. I will tell you my story and hope it helps a bit.

So I got married a bit back. We went to a state that I had lived in before with my ex partner. So we are married we are happy life is good. I get pulled over and the cops take my ID etc then I hear my name and am told to step out of the car slowly and walk backwards with my hands up towards their car. Long story short I had a warrant that was 7 years old. I said for what they said DV I was shocked as I had never done DV in my life.

So anyway I go to jail I get bailed (had to spend a day in there due to the law if you get arrested for DV you have to stay in jail 24 hours) out then go to court on monday they asked why I had not shown up to court for my DV issue. I said I never knew I had to go to court and dont know anything about this. The judge then said well surly you knew you got arrested 7 years ago. I said no I had never been arrested, nor ever had the cops out to my house for anything. A few minutes later the lady on his side said there was no arrest there was no call from anyone at my place.

I was then told it was cleared up and left court. Just a huge misunderstanding and turned out to be nothing. So there may be hope
    Wtf: I hope someone got the sack ove r that!

Op: I hope its a misunderstanding. Look after yourself though and keep eyes wide open. Good luck...

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I've dealt with a partner in jail but I knew his charges etc so not exactly the same as what you are going trough.

Unfortunately you aren't allowed to visit when they are in the watch house (at least not in Perth) but you can drop off smokes or money etc.

I would go to the court and hear the charges for yourself as that way you will know exactly what it is and can't be given any dulled down version if it is something serious (an sorry to say but for extradition it most likely is).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Wtf: I hope someone got the sack ove r that!
    lol I dont think they did I never followed up on it just got the hell out of that state and never went back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can have a look at the daily court lists as well. Although tomorrows would not be listed the Monday hearing might. May shed some light for you (may not as well).

Thanks
    Reviews

Go to the court hearing then you will know what you are dealing with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (05-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP's mum is only going to drop off clothes this morning, shes not going to the hearing. Nor am I. I cant find anything on any court lists grrrr.
    Dps mum was just here to pick up some things, shes feeling as hopless and helpless as i am.

BUT, i had a lot of time to think last night while i didnt sleep, and ive come up with a conclusion: What will be will be. No point me freaking out about things I cant control, so i'll just wait, fill my hours with productivity and wait for the word.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I would be going to court to hear the charges. If my son had been arrested and I didn't know why, I would be going to court to hear the charges.

From what you've said op, if you were to just wait for the word you'll be waiting a long time seeing as how DP won't tell you the charges, his mum isn't going and you're not going to court
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 05-01-2013 at 07:51.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

delirium  (05-01-2013),HarvestMoon  (05-01-2013),PR2bMum  (05-01-2013),Stiflers Mom  (05-01-2013),Witwicky  (05-01-2013)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast